Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Babies

So the 8 year old has yet to ask, "Where do babies come from?" But I swear, the 3 year old is going to beat her to it.

His thoughts on babies are as follows:
Mommies have girls in their tummies, and Daddies have boys.
Yeah, I'd like to see your dad haul around a kid in there. Men are such wimps, there's no way they'd make it 9 months of torture. I would have gladly given him the privledge to "experience" all that I got to experience. And where the hell would the kid come out from??? ewww!

And then the child sometimes gets so distraught and says, "Mommy, please don't eat me and put me back in your belly. I don't want to go in there. How would I eat?"

Believe me child, I don't want you in there either. You are am mammoth of a child and your big foot wouldn't fit in there now. But maybe I could use that one to my advantage. Like, "Child, if you climb on that countertop One.More.Time. I'm going to eat you!" I swear that would probably work.

So I'm pretty sure he's going to try to figure this whole baby thing out soon. Good thing I only have to have "the talk" with the girl. The girl that really, really doesn't like to talk about things. I'm good with that. So Daddy, who carries boys in his tummy, you have fun with explaining things to the little guy.

3 comments:

Kameron said...

I don't know if you watch Parenthood, but they just had to broach the subject. I swear I was laughing my butt off. I am not looking forward to that talk!

On a side note, I mailed your shirt. Ahem, don't hate me for taking so long!

Michelle said...

Hilarious! I just had this talk with our three year old. They come up with the weirdest questions!

Jennifer said...

I was laughing my butt off. I am not looking forward to that talk, anyways thanx for sharing.