Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I don't know

Hmmm. Day started off with a small child taking a full loaf of bread out of the pantry and jumping on it. WTF kid? Why, why would you do that?

"I don't know."

Remember saying that? Over and over and over as a kid. Every stupid, irrational decision you made, your parents would ask you, "Why?" And the answer was always, "I don't know." And yet as a parent, I keep asking, like the answer is going to change. Like if I find the source of his stupidity it's going to make the fact that I can't make toast better. And yet I still ask because for the life of me, I can not figure out why that child would go to the pantry, reach up high, get the FULL loaf and then smush it under his feet.

I am thinking it's going to be a long day. Thank you sweet niblets that I have a date with my man tonight.... that though should get me through the day, a toast-less, sandwich-less day.

11 comments:

cfoxes33 said...

LOL. Kids.

Kameron said...

Nate did something equally ridiculous the other day and I found myself shouting, "What in the world is wrong with you?" I had to laugh after...and appologize, but seriously....what the what are they thinking??

obladi oblada said...

HA HA...I thought my kids had the market cornered on "I dont know". I try telling them that is not an acceptable answer, but they just stare at me, like they really DONT know. Is that possible?

Tinika said...

LMBO! TOO FUNNY!

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm sorry you can't have toast or a sandwich now...how annoying!!

sitting on the mood swing at the playground said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm guessing "I don't know" is the only answer for jumping on bread. Hope you have fun tonight--perfect way to end the day!

M said...

Did you read my post? G's answer isn't "I don't know." It's "Because I thought it was soap!"

Hang in there. Who needs toast anyway? Its not like he jumped on your Ghirardelli or something. ;)

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

...and the summer has just begun!...

張孟勳 said...

喜歡看大家的文章,每篇都是一個故事,都是一種心情~~祝大家開心愉快 ........................................

the other lion said...

It reminds me of the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary, especially the one where she squeezed an entire tube of toothpaste into the sink. Mine likes to sit down in puddles and then cry because his butt is wet. Kids are weird.

Monica said...

Hope the date night almost made up for the loaf of bread...
Blessings,
Monica