Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well crap

Seldom does a mom ever flinch at the sight of something that came out of their child. While the rest of the world heaves in revoltion of a child puking, pooping, spitting, a mother calmly wipes up the mess and moves on. Never thinking about that spit up on her shirt, or the snot wiped on a pant leg.

Well, not today. This mom was the one repulsed, repelled, resistant to getting anywhere near what came out of my child. Since we are still at the hotel (meaning my own carpet won't suffer) and my son is 3.4 years, I am soooo done with him not wanting to potty train. So every time I see that little "twinkle" in his eye. (AKA shit face) I rush him to the bathroom. This time he tells me, "Mommy, it already came out." I pull off the diaper to see one tiny rabbit pellet and think, "Oh yes! He didn't go, perfect opportunity to get him to go on the potty." So I set him on, an nothing. I get him off and tell him to go lay on the carpet so I can get him a new diaper.

And then I see it.

HUGE balls of shit all over the freaking bathroom floor. When I took off his diaper, he must have stumbled and stepped right into his own crap! Literally 4 gigantic piles of shit smeared and plopped everywhere. I turn to my sweet child who had, for once, followed orders and is laying on the floor. Now his legs are covered in it, his shoe looks like he stepped in Clifford, The Big Red Dog's, shit pile.

Lucky me. So I reach down to get some toilet paper and realize that in the 2 weeks I have been here they haven't restocked my TP and I have none. We have actually been using tissues since the night before. So I have to use an entire box of wipes just to pick the shit up. I have never been so freaking disgusted in my life. The shoes went to the trash. I gave an effort and then realized I would never want to touch that shoe again, let alone let it on the carpet of our new house. And realizing the maids actually had to mop the floor gave me a small amount of satisfaction. That is until I realized that the maids haven't actually "cleaned" the bathroom since we have been here. So we left while they cleaned the room next to us thinking we must be next, uh, no. They are no where in sight and I have a trashcan full of crap. No TP and a kid who needs to nap, so they can't come now. I did finally get my nerve up and call the front desk and tell them when I wanted my room cleaned and that I needed a very through cleaning this time. I felt like such a diva.

Anyway... Poop Disaster ALMOST over, now the good news. We found a house. Freaking sweet one too! And we are out of this hotel business starting this Friday!!! We are moving to the new town and living in the apt. my husband has had since December. At least until May 13th when we get to move in!!!!!!! And then I promise to blog much much more! You have gots to hear about the jellybean story!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Oh how I've missed reading about your adventures in mommyhood. Hang in there! :)

Sara said...

...and hooray for the free drinks!

M said...

Oh! I was really LOL on this one. I can just SEE the two of you in a little hotel bathroom playing this out. Hooray for maid service! (Even untimely maid service is better than none at all, right?)

M said...

Oh! I was really LOL on this one. I can just SEE the two of you in a little hotel bathroom playing this out. Hooray for maid service! (Even untimely maid service is better than none at all, right?)

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

At least this incident didn't happen in your new house! How excited you must be to be ending your days at the hotel. I hope you got yourself a little afternoon beverage to make up for the crappy incident!

mother goose said...

oh my gosh! thank you for this post! I have felt your pain! but it was more severe since it was my carpets and I was the only maide service to be found!

Nicole said...

So that's why you've been MIA! How fun...I mean the moving part, not the shit part.

My poor kid has had the runs for like 2 weeks and thank GOD he is finally potty trained. I feel for ya though.

I got sick of it one day and I literally made him put underwear on and said the store quit making diapers. I didnt give him the option and it worked!

Good luck with everything!

惠如惠如惠如 said...

若對自己誠實,日積月累,就無法對別人不忠了。........................................