Friday, April 23, 2010

Sweet Bare Bottom - He went in there all by himself!

Oh Holy Hell! Do you know how long I have been trying to potty train my child??? For-Freaking-Ever!
That's how long. The kid goes every time he sits on the john, but never, and I mean NEVER tells me he needs to go. And when I am diligent in taking his teeny tiny butt in there, he STILL wets in between and never says a word. I tried underwear, I tried treats, I tried stickers... But today I did the ultimate. I tried commando! The thought of it makes me wanna puke. His little dilly dally dangling all over the place just freaks me out. And frankly, him too. He's begged for pants on his "little thingy." (My technical term for it.) And I just told him no and made no big deal about it to him, but in my head all I keep thinking is, "What if this kid whizzes on the carpet, or the table, or the bed... ugg.. or worse. What if he shits everywhere?" We've had enough of that lately, we don't need to mark our territory everywhere we go.

But you know what??? He totally just ran into the potty all by himself. Never told me, just went and even FLUSHED! I mean there is about 50% of men out in the world that don't flush... my kid's a flusher!!!! He came back in the room and acted like he'd been going potty on his own his whole life. Never said a word to me, just started playing again. Holy Shit if this thing takes, I'm gonna be the happiest momma alive. It means no more diapers for me EVER!!!! No more kids, no more potty training, just two self sufficient shitters! Please keep your fingers crossed!

6 comments:

Sara said...

My fingers are crossed, and I'm totally jealous. Still two in diapers over here! You suck.

Carri said...

Congratulations that is awesome. Also having a flusher is awesome, I truly disliked walking in to the bathroom to go and finding surprises from my non-flushers.

mother goose said...

amazing what it takes for some kids to finally get it to click! congrats and welcome to flushing toilets!

Nicole said...

YEA!!!!!!!!

Kameron said...

that's rough that it's taken so long! i hope this works for you!

Burgh Baby said...

Doood, I hope this is it! The freedom will be amazing!