Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Revealed Part deux

I know, I know, I asked for questions and then I ditch you. How Rude! (In my best Stephanie from Full House voice.) Chalk it up to crazy week and tired mama. But let's complete this little excersion.

Heatherasked the all time favorite question. If you could have lunch with someone dead or alive who would it be?"

I came up with an instant answer but struggled with it. I mean, it's a simple one and I thought maybe I could be more complex, a little deeper, but I just kept coming back to the same one. I would love to have lunch with my dad. But not just lunch, a really great talk. See, I know what songs my Mom's dad had her and her sister sing when they where kids. I know many of stories about her relatives and life. She did an amazing job of teaching me that side of the family's history. But my dad's side, I feel like, there's just tons I don't know. It's not that we don't talk. We do, I love my dad, but it just seems like he didn't exist before he met my mom. There's no history and looking back I feel like I have tried all my life trying to bring it out in him and not suceeding. So my answer would be to have an amazing lunch with my dad.

M asked a true or false question. Or more a set up! Did you ever pick up a new friend by stalking her at Red Lobster?

Uh yeah. I did. I was a super shy person but had just moved across country with a three week old. So we were at Red Lobster in the waiting area. Our daughter was about 6 weeks by then, and this adorable couple where there with their 7 week old daughter too. We chit chatted about our kids and then went to our tables. I could see them struggling the entire meal with their daughter, passing her back and forth. I had had a couple of beers and decided, "What the hell." So I went up to them and told them that we were new to the area and didn't know anyone. If they wanted to ever go out to dinner or anything, give us a call. My husband looked a little dumbstruck that I actually did that. The couple looked dumbstruck that I did that. I, however, felt empowered. And you know what...the girl actually called! And we spent daytimes scrapbooking and learning about having little girls together. I don't think I could have made it that first year without her. She is now one of my best friends. I love you M!

And Mother Goose!!!!! Lady, you have got to be kidding me!!!! My mama reads this blog. I can't be saying that stuff on here!!!!!

3 comments:

M said...

I love you too! And I'm SO glad you were brave that day. :)

mother goose said...

huh, for realz!! LOL, ok! I guess it's just left to my imagination.
I'm thinking yes, you have been somewhere discreet yet public! just sayin'....

sheila said...

Ahaaaa haaa, and I love the red lobster one! ha ha!