Thursday, December 31, 2009

RSG- Really Smart Guy

I'm watching football last night by myself, yeah I do that. And sometimes I even drink beer when I do. Not just the "token" beer either, that girls sometimes drink & leave half of it to get warm just to look like they drink beer but really don't want it. I want it. I am one of THOSE unclassy women. Anywhoooo.... So I'm watching the Nebraska game last night and I wonder something about a player. And it hits me, my husband would totally know. He would be able to spill out ever stat, what high school the guy went to, his position, and more than likely his weight. (PS, that's why only guys play football, it's not too tough for girls, we just aren't going to have them announcing our weight over a loud speaker, or putting it in a program, no thank you!)

Then I got to thinking that he knows ever senator too. He knows who's in charge of what bills and what state everyone is from. I think he could probably tell you their campaign manager's name if you asked. I start feeling pride that I have a really smart man! I mean a mind like a steel trap. An elephant for goodness sakes.

So WHY WHY WHY can the guy not remember to take out the trash? Or put his shoes away? Call the repair man? Pick up his dirty laundry? Or get everything on the list at the grocery store?

10 comments:

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Amen to that, sister. It's a mind-boggling question that I don't think will ever be answered.

M said...

One word for you: Priorities

It was a good game though!

~~Mel~~ said...

Not to worry...I'm one of those unclassy women too! lol.

It really is all about priorities...and honestly...I think most of them know if they don't do it...we'll pick up the slack...ugh!

obladi oblada said...

Ha!!!! Its not forgetfulness its procrastination and I think they all have it.

Kameron said...

It is selective memory! I'm convinced my hubby will never learn how to rinse a dish, but oh well.

Marcia said...

because talking about rubbish over a beer with the guys just doesn't cut it! that's why!!

thanks for a great blog, I enjoy your sense of humour.

:) Marcia
www.shabbymum.blogspot.com

sheila said...

Honestly!

Does YOURS leave tags he cuts off new clothes just laying there like he might use them someday?

dummies.

kristi said...

My husband "forgot" to get gas in his truck that he drives every day!

Jess said...

We figure that if it doesn't feed us, pay us, or entertain us that it probably isn't important.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

OMG... if you can figure out the answer to that one, please let me know!