Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I love the fact that you don't give a sh#*!

hmmm.... that last blog post made me sound a little scary to even me. Do you ever feel like you don't quite get the feel for things across in your blog? Like you read the comments and think "whoa... that's not how I meant that at all." I do that all the time.

Does it help that my hubby thought it was hilarious and even wore his ripped shirt around the house that night laughing his arse off? I love that we have that humor with each other. I swear we can make each other laugh at a funeral. I love that guy, even when he rips my stuff.

OK, off the cheesy kick. Hey, I got some news, guess what????? I'm moving.

You know the best part of that.... YOU don't care. That's the whole reason I started this blog. Because you are my one piece of the world I can take with me and never miss a beat. For the past 10 years I have felt like my life was built in a sandcastle that the tide can wash up at any minute, and usually does. My first move was after I taught school for 2 years and loved Lubbock, Texas, but was ready for the adventure that my husband's job brought. Just not ready for the freaking midwest cold. HOLY SNOW BATMAN! But Illinois was great.... for 6 months, until we moved back to Lubbock. Then we got preggers and while in the hospital having the baby, the company called and said we were moving to Nebraska... Yea! (Insert eye roll and sarcasm here) Almost didn't make it through that one, but learned that people don't spontaneously combust, you get through it. Even if you have to leave your job that you LOVE and move away from all of your family and friends to drive 13 hours just 3 weeks after having a C-section. Yeah, that was fun. But we made it. Then after 4 years and many friends later, I got to move to South Carolina while I was preggers again. All I can say are 2 things. 1.) Hardest year of my life. 2.) Nice place to visit the tourist cities, living there sucked in a small town that doesn't know the Civil War is over. Then we moved to Indiana. And I fell in love. Absolutely love it here. I love my friends. I love my kids friends. I love my neighbors. I love every stinking thing about it. But I knew it couldn't last forever. Like everything, it got washed away. But it's ok. I knew it was coming, I am happy for the 2 years I have had here. And thrilled its only a couple hours away from where I am moving. I KNOW that the friends I have made here are friends for life. I would do anything for these girls! (Yes, I'm talking about you!) But the sandcastle got washed away.... again. But you. You bloggy friends. You get to stay! I love that. That makes things ok. I know that there is one constant in my life, and I can deal with it all so much better knowing you are here. Thanks guys!

Now refer to her post about how I feel about missing Indiana. She said it best.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh wow, glad your taking us with you :).Hope the move goes smoothly and get yourself another pair of GAP jeans.

Did I miss the update on your health?

Carri said...

Good luck with the move.

Melissa said...

I love your attitude about it all. The great connection you and hubby have will get you all through it peacefully. Take care :)

Nicole said...

Oh man, I hope your move goes well and you find more happiness and friends. Of course you will!!!

Mommy Daisy said...

I hope this move goes well. You said it's not too far, though, so that should help. May I ask where you're moving now? I'm in Ohio, not far from Indiana. ;)

Kameron said...

That's a lot of freakin moving!!! Where to next?

Oh and people who haven't read your blog long enough to get your sense of humor crack me up. (Heisi at S&P had the same problem a few posts back!)

~~Mel~~ said...

I'm not a fan of change...so I admire you. I hope you love your new community!

ModernMom said...

Oh that is a lot of moving around!

Hope you don't mind another follower so I can hear how it all turns out!

heidi said...

Dude, that's why we get along so well. Our sense of humor is a little..hmm..off? I could totally see Rob and I in your post.

Where're we movin this time?!

And I'm with Bonnie - what's up with your health, yo?

Aunt Murry said...

I am moving this coming weekend. I am crazed and Have at least two melt downs to go. Sad thing is I know there is one hiding in me but I can't bring it to the surface...Gah!