Thursday, October 29, 2009

My new BFF, Oprah

OK so I was to busy jumping up and down with my mouth WIDE open on national television to give a shout out to you guys, but you were totally on my mind. Does that count?

I got so blasted caught up in that Oprah fever it wasn't even funny. I can't even tell you how awesome it was! But I'm gonna try...

So the night before the Oprah show we get to go to a private screening of the Michael Jackson movie. I was all, "I don't know, that doesn't sound like much fun." but it totally was. Just all the old school songs that mesmerized you when you were a kid. Just music, no personal life, no narration, just backstage, rehearsal stuff for his concert. Very cool. I did a bit of dancing and a bit of singing in the theatre. But seriously, could you resist when Thriller comes on??? No, I didn't think so. And neither could the guys dressed like MJ in the line for the next movie. Loved it.


Then the big O! I swear they are pumping happy gas through the vents. On 3 hours of sleep and walking in Chicago in heels at 6 am should make me one grumpy mama, but instead I was all smiles. We were getting the ushers to moonwalk while we waited in line. It was awesome. Then the lady herself walks out, its so cool. She's all personal and down to earth. I guess that's what makes her good at her job, but it was awesome. (Have I said awesome yet in this post? NO, I didn't think so) But the taping stuff was cool, all the hair & makeup people and behind the scenes. But then when Publisher Clearing House comes right into the studio honking it's horn my heart went all, "Holy heck what's going on here!!!" Then this lady won the whole $25K, this lady that sat right across from me in our little waiting room. Super sweet lady that was so deserving. (Not that I wouldn't take the cash, but I can be bigger than that and be happy for someone else... for the most part.) And then...


And then....


And then.....

THEY SAID WE ALL WON!!!!!!!!!!!! And I swear that's all I heard. My jaw opened wide, I started jumping up and down, hugging my girlfriends and having no idea what the heck I won. I totally forgot to figure out what I won. Until someone screamed it in my ear & I look on the screen and see a big fat $500!!! Then I believe that's when my head exploded. But in an awesome way.

I did however refrain from going all nuts in the Oprah store. I only got a key chain, a shirt, a coffee mug, an umbrella, a Christmas ornament, and a pair of slippers... oh, and some Oprah undies. Just a few things.......

But it was fun. And hanging out with some pretty awesome friends totally makes it 100 times better.

9 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

Sounds like a total blast...and I must admit I am very jealous of your $500 dollar win...but I"m a bigger person too and can be happy for you at the same time! lol.

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

HOW AWESOME!!! what fun. I was a guest on the Oprah show about 8 years ago. Back then she didn't do giveaways. (But I did get airfare ,hotel and dinner on Oprah---and hair and makeup done for the show)!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Oh my goodness, I don't think I could stand it! How exciting!!

obladi oblada said...

That sounds absolutely amazing...from the MJ showing to winning some cash. Im so glad you got to do this, and Im slightly jealous.

Oprah has her own store? Sweet.

sheila said...

WOW! How great is that? Congrats! My daughter went to see the MJ movie and loved it. I'll wait til it comes on tv.

Kameron said...

Again, that is AWESOME...or if you have watched Bolt, it's Be-awesome (beyond awesome). Man I need to watch something other than cartoons.

Michelle said...

sounds like you had a blast! and whoo hoo on winning some cash!

Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children said...

FUN!

I've poked around a bit and am confused...how DID you get this opportunity??!! And WHO did you go with?

Inquiring minds want to know. Also nosy people.

Carri said...

Im with Jennifer how did you get this opportunity. Sounds like an amazing time. Congrats on the win. I will be big and be happy for you and not feel sorry for myself. So the Oprah store what is that all about. I most definitely have to check that out as well.