Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Help I've fallen.... you know the rest

You ever wake up and feel like you are 40 years older? I am sooo at that place right now. I am contimplating the nursing home. Not only am I wearing a heart monitor but I totally threw out my back or hip or something. I went to pick my rhino of a son up and pinched a nerve or something. I swear I would cry if it wasn't so freaking funny. I get 'stuck' bending over. It has got to be a sight. I giggle just thinking about it. "Oh my hip, Oh my heart." Geeze man! Where did the all night parties with booze and loud music go? It's more like "Where's my medication and heating pad?"

I think I went right past becoming my mother, and zoomed to becoming my grandmother all in one week. And the kids... oh the kids. The oldest is being the sweetest thing ever. Today she told me how hard it was to sit there and watch me try to put my sock on without help. I feel secure that she will take care of me in my old age. I am working hard not to piss that kid off. I'm gonna need her.

But the other one. I'm kinda thinking I shouldn't piss him off either. He's gonna want to get rid of me quick. He has decided that it's hysterical to run from me while I'm trying to put his clothes on. Or to drop his spoon every 2 minutes just to watch Mommy get 'stuck' trying to pick it back up.

So please pass the pudding, I'm gonna go ahead and check myself into that nursing home now. Please tell me you have days like this...

8 comments:

~~Mel~~ said...

Sounds like you are in a lot of pain and that is never fun!!! I hope you feel better soon.

Your son and his torture tactics...not cool. Very not cool!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

This post is so funny and so true! I don't know how but sometimes I think I injure myself while sleeping because I will wake up with crazy hip or back pain.

I hope you are feeling better soon, Granny!

Kameron said...

Boys are just mean like that. It's just a fact. I almost lost it this morning trying to get my son to pee and I got stuck bedning over with my sciatica and this giant belly in the way. He just laughed at me. I feel for you girl.

obladi oblada said...

I totally have days like that! Just about everyday, actually. My back sucks.

Jean said...

I'm glad you can laugh at yourself over your situation. What else can ya do? :)
I hear ya about not ticking the kids off when it comes to going to the old ladies home. I'm just hoping that I have some awesome daughter in laws that are willing to go beyond the call of daughter in law duty, cause something tells me these boys may not want to go there.

Heather said...

You are so funny. One class of prune juice, coming your way!!

There's nothing like running after kids to make you feel older. I swear I pinch a nerve everytime I lift Aidan too! And my poor husband was just saying his ankles and knees crack everytime he's trying to quietly walk away from the crib. Sure enough, Aidan wakes up when Grandpa's bones are a'crackin'!! haha

LazyCrazyMama said...

:( Oh my kids think I'm hysterically funny any time I yell at them!

I can't imagine if I had an injury! They would so take advantage!

Annie said...

Oh, I uh, know what you mean. I once sneezed and thought I ruptured my kidney or something from the way my back felt. Joy of joys, and by the time the kids get out of the house, I will be old.