Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Driving a very sober Ms. Daisy

Sometimes really cool things come in brown bags....



and... other times, it's not so cool.



Heart monitors, not classified in that cool category. But if you have been following my need for a doctor, you are jumping out of your seat right now, because I finally went. Please, feel free to pat me on the back.

A couple little spells and now I have to be driven around like Ms. Daisy for two.whole.weeks. While my husband goes out of town for part of it. And my child has a fever. Yeah, this brown bag is not nearly as fun as the last one. And the fact that one of the monitors is stuck UNDER my boob. For some of you, that would just be called your ribcage and no where near your boob. But for me, it's more like a hidden Easter Egg and yeah, it's annoying! And the fact that I keep hitting my little "oh crap I'm having a spell" button on accident, is just as frustrating. Now I have to call it in and explain that, "yeah, I'm an idiot and can't keep from hitting the button."

Oh oh oh oh oh... wanna hear the worst part???? I can't drink.at.all! The meds he has me on make me super tired and are suppose to increase the effects of alcohol. 'nuff said. You can now send your condolences!

7 comments:

heidi said...

I'm glad you finally went but am sorry you have to wear a heart monitor. :-( Hopefully these two weeks pass quickly and uneventfully.

Nikki B. said...

i got one of those brown bags before...what was inside mine was battery operated, too...but, WAAAAAAAAAAY cooler than a heart monitor.

good luck with all that sober, button pushing stuff, now...ya hear!!

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh wow...that sure doesn't sound like much fun...I think I'd be okay with all of it...except of course the no drinking!!! What gives???

Feel better soon.

M said...

Oh, man. I hope its all for naught!

obladi oblada said...

Hidden Easter Egg? That would seriously annoy me too. Good luck with NOT hitting the buttons. My condolences indeed.

Kameron said...

That sucks. I hope all is well withthe ticker. There are way worse things that can be left on your porch in a brown bag though! Those things are stinky and lit on fire! Ugh!

Bec said...

I am glad that you finally went!!! I am praying that, whatever it is, it is very minor and easily fixed!