Friday, September 18, 2009

Stalking isn't such a bad thing

Do you have those bloggers you sort of stalk? Like the big ones, or the cool ones that you are just too scared to actually comment on? I totally do. For a while I would leave comments on The Bloggess. Before I knew who the Bloggess was. Then I felt like a fan showing up at her table at a fancy restaurant and bugging her for an autograph. I was all freaked out. Like, "Crap, I just drew attention to my stupid self and now she's gonna look my way!" And she did, I even got a comment or two from her.

And then there are the others like Jennifer at Playgroups are No Place For Children who is a biggie, but I had no idea either and we were neighbors, so I wasn't so scared to comment. But still in awe of her super writing and now photography skills.

So now I have a new one. One I am sure is WAY too cool to ever come see my blog, so I feel safe that I can write whatever I want and not get a restraining order put on me... hopefully. She's just funny, and raw, and totally the opposite of me. Maybe that's the appeal. I mean, she can make Cancer sound funny. And I am pretty sure she's mentally unstable, but in a good way. I have been reading her for a while, and even added her to my sidebar, but have yet to leave a comment. No need drawing attention to myself. But today, I did it. Maybe it was the Bailey's in my coffee, or the high from throwing a fabulous dinner party last night that I felt cool enough to leave her a comment. But I did. Oh crap, what if she sees the comment, decides to find out who I am and links back to this post where she sees me stalking, and get's that restraining order? Great! Now I'm just that creapy chick who wants to hang with the cool kids.

10 comments:

becca said...

I definitely stalk a few blogs and sometimes write a comment, delete it, write it again, delete again... and then I realize how ridiculous I'm being! The times I get a comment back from them I feel myself blushing like someone in the "popular crowd" invited me to sit at their lunch table. Again RIDICULOUS but in a way some of these writers are like celebrities... everyone in our blog world knows them, wants to meet them wants to be heard by them. Who knows, maybe YOU'RE being stalked by someone! Your blog is great... I wouldn't be surprised!

Kameron said...

I like having blogs I can read and not have to comment. You're funny though. I left a comment on one once and got an email back and I was a little to happy about it for a minute like I was all special. I'm over it now!

Beck said...

LOL, funny post! I love Playgroups blog, but I have never commented! NO WAY! She is way to cool for me (;

And thanks for the nice comment. Yes my son took the pic of me and my hubbs. Landon is only 3 but LOVES to use the camera! My heart rate goes waaaay up whenever he gets his dirty little hands on it, but he doesn't do too bad for a 3 year old!

Have a GREAT weekend (:

Heather said...

I use to comment a lot on MckMama's site, and every so often, she actually wrote me back. But then I made a joke once about a post, but I apparently had misunderstood it and made a complete idiot out of myself with what I said. She wrote back, confused and had to explain her post to me in layman's terms. After that, I was done! Mortified. : (

Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children said...

The Bloggess? Never heard of her.

:)

And that Playgroups gal? Kinda self-centered and has chubby thighs. She also misses being your neighbor a bit too much.

Alicia said...

You're so funny, Heidi!! There are a couple I follow but don't always visit!! LOL, I always wonder if they have sitemeter!

~~Mel~~ said...

Yep I have blogs I read and don't comment on...when there are like 300 comments for post I figure what's the point lol. But then I do kinda feel a bit stalkerish...

jineen said...

i stalk a few blogs. sometimes i leave comments, but thena gain so many others do as well, i am sure i am not noticed.

i have my bloggy friends that i read on the regular and they read me, i am guessing cuz they leave comments and those i love, but every now and again, i can't help i get into stalked mode...

.Keli. said...

You scare me...just sayin.

Rassles said...

Waaaaaaaaa hoooooooooo

Did I scare you?