Monday, August 31, 2009

If this is wrong.. I don't want to be right!

Is it wrong that...

* That I doubled the amount of beer bottles in the recyling dumpster all by myself?

* That I go to Target to buy workout clothes only to do the complete opposite of working out in them? I seriously think they should put posters of mom's laying on the couch with the remote in one hand and a margarita in the other. That is more what these clothes are doing for me. I don't want to see that skinny girl with the free weights poster every time I go to buy my sweats.

* I giggled walking into Target because I found myself childless in the greatest place on earth?

* I peed TWICE in public restrooms today because... I could.Alone. Without somone trying to dig in that little trashcan in the stall or open the door while my pants are down.

* That the happiest sound in the world is other people's children screaming in a store while mine are happily at school.

Can you tell...it's that time again...school time! And my little monster man is doing preschool 2 mornings a week!!!!!! I am one happy mama!

9 comments:

Kameron said...

I covet alone time in Target! I have closed down the store a few times because I had to wait until the boy was asleep and home with the hubbs to go! Yippee for peeing alone!

heidi said...

I'm all for truth in advertising! I think they should put out an ad with the slogan "The Comfiest clothes you'll ever do nothing in."

anya said...

Ha! Funny post! I live in Yoga pants.....and I've never practiced Yoga in my life.
2 more weeks and I can shop alone too!

Bonnie said...

Yes, love that alone time. I'll be getting mine in a week or so. But I am sooooo enjoying the big boy at school and loving the time I get with the twins.

Michelle said...

Yay for "alone" time! I know what you mean about being able to go to a public bathroom by yourself and not worry about your child opening the door on you! I was always afraid of Kayla doing that to me LOL

Melissa said...

Woo Hoooo!!!!!! Good for you!!! I so love alone time in Target too! Have a great week there Heidi!

Sneaky Momma said...

Great post!!! I love it!
I adore shopping alone. Doesn't happen very often, but when it does, a half hour trip to Target often turns into two. Funny how I never liked to shop before kids, but now I love it. :)

Nikki B. said...

congrats on the peace!! it's GLOOOOOORIOUS, isn't it??

Jennifer said...

Isn't back to school great! Yay for alone time in the bathroom!