Saturday, August 1, 2009

Comfortable

So today I have been married 11 years. Did I buy him a present? uh, no. Did I get a card? nope. Do I have anything at all planned for this day? nada. And him??? Where does he stand in all this anniversary stuff? Same exact place. And we are actually happy about that. We are just comfortable. Not all, "Who cares, it's just another day comfortable." But more "I love you more than anything in this world comfortable." But at 11:27pm the night before he looks over to me with the most loving eyes and says, "11 years ago." That's all I need. That's all I want. I just want him to keep loving me the way he does. To keep being my best friend. To keep being an amazing father to my kids. To just keep everything exactly where it is. I don't need a present for that. He has already given me one... for 11 years.

16 comments:

kristi said...

Happy anniversary! Our 15th is next month.

Jill said...

Happy Happy 11th anniversary! Here's to many more.

Alicia said...

Love it...awesome!!

My husband and I are soooo much like that too!!!!! I totally understand!!!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What an amazingly sweet post!

Bec said...

That is so sweet! What an awesome post! And happy anniversary :D

Bonnie said...

Happy Anniversary!!

We are going on 12 yrs in October. That is awesome you don't need a present...I'm the same way though I do like to do something with just hubs.

BUT..Mother's Day...WHOLE nudder story.

Melissa said...

Awwwh sweet post...Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!! Perfectly said...
We will celebrate 12 in Novemeber and I feel the same way!!

Nicole said...

Aaawww, how sweet! Happy anniversary and many more to come!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Happy anniversary!!!

heidi said...

Awww! That was so sweet! Happy 11 years!

To celebrate your anniversary, you've won one of the FF prizes! Come see!

Kameron said...

Aww, happy anniversary. I think that you don't need to give gifts or plan crazy outings to know you mean so much to each other!

That Girl said...

Happy Anniv!

~~Mel~~ said...

Happy Anniversary!

Ginette said...

Happy Anniversary! (Ours is around the corner.) Really a sweet post

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! Many more 'comfortable' years together!

I love this post- Joe and I don't do anything 'special' for our anniversary either. We don't buy presents for each other and rarely a card either.