Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Golden Nuggets

And we're back.... Holy Smokes does that drive suck! (sorry, not very ladylike, but absolutely the only word for it!) Here's a few tidbits from our drive, just so you can feel the awesome experience of riding in a car with my beloved family over 34 hours!!!! Yeah, 34 hours in a car... with kids... and a husband! Thank goodness for the Blackberry. That way I could document such little gems as these:

6 hours into the trip my 2 year old pipes up,
"I DON'T WANT TEXAS!!!!!! I GO HOME NOW!"

Then sitting in traffic in St. Louis my 6 year old sees the arch and starts talking about it. This creates a freaking firestorm from the 2 year old who thinks she is saying "park" instead of "arch" and just wants to get the hell out of the car to go to this "park" that sissy keeps talking about.

"It is NOT ok to play peek-a-boo with the driver!" Seems that while helping my son find something I must have flung his blanket on my husband's head while he was driving. Oops!

A discussion between Miss Thang and Hubby:
Her: I just saw the Great Wall of China. Let's go see the Great Wall of Texas.

Hubby: Uh honey, there is no such thing as the Great Wall of Texas. And that wasn't the Great Wall of China, 'cause we aren't in China, we are in Missouri.

Her: Well, if Texas had one, I am sure it would be bigger. Everything is bigger in Texas. I guess it was the Great Wall of Missouri then, and it was HUGE!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome Back there! Your little guy sounds so much like my little Bindy! Did ya make a stop a the park after the talk of the arch?

That Girl said...

Sounds like fun times. lol

Kameron said...

You are so brave! I can't imagine haing my 2 year old in the car for 3 hours let alone 34! i hope you had benedryl on hand for part of it!

obladi oblada said...

Lol...glad your back and I agree, you are VERY brave.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Sounds like you had some great conversations going on in the car! Glad you made it back in one piece!

~~Mel~~ said...

34 hours??? Holy moly! Most we've done is 8 hours...and my son is 8 lol.

sheila said...

:)
that was a fun post. very cute.