Monday, June 22, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week


I did not go to the mall to eat Panera and end up buying multiple shirts. 5 to be exact. I did not try to rationalize this with my husband where I fell deeper and deeper in a hole. I am not debating going back to get more.

I did not go the the Art Institute of Chicago and set off alarms this weekend. I would never step on a brown square on the floor to get yelled at to "stay off the art." I did not reach over a painting and hear a huge beeping noise throughout the museum. I did not sit on the steps outside the museum to get run off by the security guy. Geeze, read the signs lady... don't step on art, don't reach over the railing, don't sit on the steps.

I did not say, Screw the economy and get my hubby all this beer for Father's Day. I did not have to spend 10 minutes at the checkout while the lady counted every beer to make sure I wasn't buying more than the limit allowed for one person. I was not humiliated by that at all.



I did not buy my man a chocolate bar that has tiny pieces of bacon in it. He does not love it and want more. I did not pay $8 for a Bacon Bar. That's just insane. I did not get myself one that has sea salt in it and refuse to share with anyone while he shares his with the kids. I am not selfish at all with my chocolate.

11 comments:

Nikki B. said...

i DID NOT KNOW they made chocolate with bacon in it.

bacon's good!

Patrice said...

Chocolate with bacon? I've never heard of that, it really does not sound good at all... I also didn't know there's a limit on how much alcohol you can buy! I would be embarrassed by that too!

Alicia W. said...

WTF? Chocolate with Bacon.. I would have the worst burps and gas ever!! LOL

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

There's a limit to how much beer you can buy?

Your hubby must think that you are the shiznit right now!

Kameron said...

Isn't it you that says, "just don't steal??"Geeze and art to boot! Do I have to cut you? ;o) Bacon....chocolate? Hmmmmm.

M said...

HAHA! Loved this one, my friend. The Bacon Bar is perfect!

mother goose said...

hey if you can't splurge on fathers day what can you do! chocolate bacon. mmmmm... did he like it??

Bonnie said...

yeah, chocolate with bacon...ummm..not sure on that one.

By the way, do you have any idea how much all that beer would cost in Canada? Yikes.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog tonight.....I love finding new blogs...Had a little time to blog hop tonight while waiting to go to the hospital and welcome a new grandson tomorrow. This month I am posting about our Disney trip, plus a great giveaway.

~~Mel~~ said...

Lucky guy getting all that beer! And chocolate with bacon...where do you buy such things?

Kristy said...

Hello! I found your blog on one of my friend's blogfrog. You are so funny!!! I got my hubby beer for father's day too. (C'mon it's what they really want, right?? =))

And the earlier post about having all the kiddos? I totally relate! My BFF and I take turns watching each others kids with a grand total of 5 under 5. It is insanity!!! =)

Check out my blog sometime! I'd love to be blog buddies! =)