Thursday, June 25, 2009

I swear if you make one sound!!!!!!

Shhhhhh. Don't make a sound. It is 7:45 am and no one is awake but me. So I swear, if you sneeze, breathe hard, or flush the toilet.... bad things will happen. This is such a rare occurrence in my house, that I am afraid the computer keys typing are gonna stir up some small child and my blissful morning will be replaced with, "I'm hungry... can I watch cartoons?... What are we going to do today?... Where's my_____" and so I sit here, having to pee and sneeze, but afraid to move. Never mind that all children are upstairs in rooms with doors closed, I ain't makin' a sound.

This week I have my 7 year old nephew here from Texas. And I love this kid. He's sweet, and polite and loving to both of my kids. It's like he & my daughter are just soul mates. They are wonderful together. But dude, 3 kids! How do you people do it? I am exhausted. And they all feed off of each other. They think there is safety in numbers so they are a little more risky in their decisions than any of them would otherwise be. I think their little brains think, "Well, she's slow and she can only catch one of us so I have a better chance of getting away if there are more of us here."

And their energy level! Seriously!!!! Where does it come from? I am poppin' No Doze, drinkin' coffee, sodas (Yup, all you from Texas, I just said soda, what you gonna do about it?) These little kids are more than I can handle. They went to bed last night at 10pm. I am laying on the couch just dead. I mean... seriously spent, and thinking, well, I wore those kids out. All of the sudden I hear this HUGE thump! I go up there and they are doing flips on the bed. WTH? Go to sleep you little monsters!

But I got the last laugh. I got up this morning and have already had 2 cups of coffee before needing to turn into Supermom/Aunt. I even managed to type this entire post. Maybe I did wear them out and they will all sleep until 10. A girl can dream, even when she hears pitter patter of feet upstairs while she types this. If I don't come back, you know what happened to me.

19 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I do the same thing. I don't even get out of bed for fear of waking them.

Bonnie said...

I can't wait for summer holidays to start then maybe I'll see some sleeping in, not to mention I have a baby that loves the early morning.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Ha Ha! I do the same thing in the mornings when I wake up before anyone else - which is a rare occassion. Hope you have a great day!

Tim said...

You are so funny! I will be thinking of you this week with all the kids in the house!

Im glad you liked Wills haircut. I knew there would be some peeps out there that thought we were crazy for cutting off those curls, and then when they saw it would change their minds. We felt the same way. I think we even like it better this way. Who knows, he only 2 so maybe the curls will come back. We can already see that some of them are still there!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

workingmomma247 said...

I feel ya on all counts. 3 kids are exhausting, and they do feed off each other. I seriously don't know how my mother has kept her sanity the past two weeks. I should be looking out for the old people instead I'm sending my rowdy kids to keep them young I guess.

Patrice said...

lol you crack me up! I hope you get some more peace & quiet for a little bit longer!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I can only think of one time in the past year or so that I actually woke up before Reagan. Enjoy this morning while you can!

Kameron said...

I love the few silent moments that happen if I manage to wake up before the boy. :o)

Melissa said...

You are so funny! I could really see myself doing the exact same thing! Enjoy your week with them...I hope it goes well!

Cascia said...

I have three children and am expecting my fourth so I totally understand what you are going through this week. I can hardly keep up with my kids. I don't know what I would do if I had another child to look after. Have one more cup of coffee for me!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I've left an award for you on my blog!

jineen said...

i am jealous, yup jealous. i can' wait for hte day that my family wants to send their lttle ones to play with my little one and i can be free from being his only play mate. but i do not envy you the whole yup at 7:45 am thing which is close to the time i think about hitting the sack:) goodluck, supper mom/aunt!

Tuesday Girl said...

My kids are roosters so no chance of me ever waking before them!

Lindsay said...

Love it! So I take it you wouldn't be interested in taking 2 more kids? Come on there r-e-a-l-l-y cute! :o)

Tiffany said...

You crack me up!! In the morning, I do not even attempt to leave my room until I have showered and gotten completely ready.

I am always so ticked at myself when I have to get something out of the dryer.....b/c then it is over for the little one down the hall!

~~Mel~~ said...

I love that you thought you wore them out only to hear them doing flips in bed...if only they could give us half their energy!

Staci said...

Good luck! On the rare (ok, not all that rare) occasion I have 3 at my house, I feel like I'll pull my hair out. I hope you make it through with your sanity!

Michelle said...

I know I couldn't handle more than 2 myself! LOL I admire those that have the patience for more :) How nice they were to sleep in for you though!

heidi said...

Gah! I totally feel ya. I sent Sienna to camp this week and ended up with 3 other kids. I barely have time to take a crap anymore, I swear it.