Friday, April 10, 2009

Well now he's gone and done it!


Well crap! And pee while we are at it. The 2 year old wants to potty train. I am avoiding this one like the plague. Now ladies, I am gonna need your undying support on this. As in, create a button, put it in your sidebar, give to the "Momma needs a drink" fund... HELP!

Let me reverse this train just a bit to 2004. When my first little ball of baby fat on legs decided that she needed to potty train. At the first sign I jumped. I bought the chair, the books, the camcorder juiced up ready to go. OMG! Torture for months! Seriously jumped the gun there and it took.for.ever! *Can you see me balled up in the corner crying at just the memory of it all? (and can you tell I am a bit over dramatic? No? Good.)

So after all of that I was fully prepared to find a Kindergarten that would just train my second child for me. I have totally absolutely dreaded having to potty train this boy, any boy, any child for that matter. Heck, I don't even want to train a dog.

Anywho... so now my second chubba has REALLY been showing signs. He started with some, "I poopoo." As in, he wet his diaper and would like a fresh one please. Then we elevated to running to the bathroom whenever you take his diaper off and sits on the throne. I roll my eyes, rip him off demanding that he is not ready tell him he's a good boy for trying.
But then today...
oh today!!!

I am selfishly reading all of your blogs and ignoring my child. working so hard on the computer, when I look over and there is my son.
Pants... off
Diaper... off
Wipes... pulled out and using them.
Then the little sh$% runs to the bathroom and tries to go potty.

I try to ignore his bad behavior, but it doesn't work! So I am chasing him around the house trying to get a diaper on him when what happens? The phone rings. Of course I answer it and forget about the dilly dally dangling little naked man streaking through my house. Only he pees all.over.my.floor. And then falls in it! URGGGG! This would have never have happened if the child would have listened to his mother and just kept his diaper on! But since he insists on doing it ALL DAY, (the ripping the diaper off and cleaning himself and then trying to go potty part, not the pee & fall part)I guess I can say we are "officially" on the potty training team. Someone get me another drink!!! And a support group. And some pull ups!

22 comments:

Denise said...

Oh the joys of potty training... Sounds like he's definitely ready LOL! Good luck!

Kameron said...

Mine just yells, "pee pee toilet, NOW!" and then demands M&M's as soon as he is seated. :o) Good luck with the potty training adventure.

AnneYarbs79 said...

My daughter was potty trainined by her Nazi Montessori teachers in about 2 hours. My son: it feels like it has 2 frickin' years!

Plug in the blender: I'm on my way up I-35 with some tequila and salt.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I am so glad that Carter is Potty Trained...If felt like the longest process and it just drove me crazy how our household revolved around those magic little words, "I have to go potty."

whereismymind said...

Ugh. Have fun with that! I am not looking forward to potty training again, either. I'm so lazy.

Burgh Baby said...

Um, yeah. Good luck with that. I'd offer you a drink, but I think you need to be fully sober to enjoy the pain.

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

ok I have had both. The older two girls, it was a long, drawn out, battle from H*LL. The younger two, about a week, day and night, didn't even finish a single pack of pull ups, it was their idea! I definitely prefer the second way.

Nikki B. said...

yeah...i tried to potty train my first, because it was "time". yeah, whatever.

lil was easy, she was a little over 2, i said "kid, don't pee in your panties." she said okay...and the child was potty trained.

jack, i dreaded. he took it upon himself a couple of months before his 2nd bday. he would take his diaper off if it was dirty or wet...so, when he pooed at naptime and smeared it on the walls...yeah, it was time to board the train!

i let the kid run naked for about 3 months...and he was trained.

if he thinks he's ready, then he is!! hopefully!!! GOOD LUCK!!

Mama SeWELL said...

So this is what its all about? You're scaring me! Haha! Good Luck with this and let me know and pointers along the way, we are starting soon too!

Tiffany said...

I nearly fell off the chair laughing at your post this morning! Here's to hoping that it goes smoothly for you. And if not, let me know when you want to have the drunken party... I'm there! My little one is fully potty trained, but can't manage to sleep on her own. I feel a strong need for a CASE of wine this morning!

Jean said...

I'm thinking that this round for you may actually be easier..looks like he's already got the concept down. (I know, slap me now)
It's the venturing out in public that is always a pain in the a**!

Mother Goose said...

OHHH you are so funny. I love your take and the days of potty training have come full force.

Nicole said...

LMAO I feel your pain. I'm dreading training #3. It will happen any day now and I'm not ready!!!!!

Xazmin said...

Just think of how nice it will be not to have to change "big boy poop" as I call it. It is way grosser than baby poop...and soon you'll never have to change it again!

Xazmin

~~Mel~~ said...

I do not envy you!

Melissa said...

I think we're gonna be in the same boat this summer! My son(now 4.5) trained in one week~end shortly before he turned 2. Just like that! Now Brynn on the other hand tests me so much that I have not even asked her to sit on it. The potty is in the bathroom and we look at it but that's about it for now...I think I'll wait until June when I can let her go naked and just feed her a bunch of juice and water and let her go! Knowing her she won't mind!I might have to buy stock in some MIKES LEMONADE!!!

Monkey Girl said...

Ok, I'll be the first to say it...


That picture will mortify him when he's 16. Good job, Mommy!

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

Happy Easter!!

heidi said...

You can dooooo eeeet! If he's ready then he's ready. I dreaded training Corban - first of all he's a boy and I lack the proper plumbing to fully train him properly. Thus, the boy pees sitting down because that's how *I* pee. HA! BUt yk what? WHen he was ready then he was ready and it only took a week of accidents until there weren't really any more (oh, until antibiotic diahrea rage set in..but w/e).

I have faith in you guys!!!

That Girl said...

I gave you an award!

Mom said...

Hi there. I just found your blog.

Good luck with the potty training! Good times, good times.

Stop by for a visit.
Life...EXAGGERATED

sheila said...

Sounds ready to me! Poor you.