So That Girl over at Sunshine and Rainbows was ever so sweet to give me an award. I love awards, I truly do, but I have to admit that I am horrible about actually doing anything with them. So my vow is to stop that, right now. And this is such a super cute one to start with. Thanks girl for the award, guys go check her out for a little pick me up. She's so cheerful and sweet I think I got a cavity!
Rules for Mom of the Year Award:
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom.
Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I feel bad that I have such high standards for my daughter, and yet not so much for my son. He's 4 years younger but I would never let her do half the stuff I let him get away with. I feel like I put such a burden on her to be perfect.
Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.
These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. I love Sunday nights with my daughter. We lock ourselves in my room & lay on my bed and do homework. Doesn't sound exciting, but I use to be a teacher & she loves school, so for us, it's perfect.
2. I love seeing my kids play and laugh together. There really is very little fighting, they are so loving and share everything.
3. I love seeing my husband roll around on the floor with the kids and the way he can make them giggle and be free.
4. I love hearing "You're the greatest mom in the whole world." followed by the biggest hug ever.
5. I love family hugs. Cheesy? Absolutely, but love it!
6. I love babysitters. Time alone with my husband is more than worth it when we are both refreshed and come home happy, and see our kids happy.
7. I love this crazy family of mine. I am SO not perfect, but I try and I re-evaluate things and try to adjust. I hope my kids don't hate me when they grow up.
OK, so I am passing out