Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mom of the Year Award


So That Girl over at Sunshine and Rainbows was ever so sweet to give me an award. I love awards, I truly do, but I have to admit that I am horrible about actually doing anything with them. So my vow is to stop that, right now. And this is such a super cute one to start with. Thanks girl for the award, guys go check her out for a little pick me up. She's so cheerful and sweet I think I got a cavity!


Rules for Mom of the Year Award:
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom.
Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I feel bad that I have such high standards for my daughter, and yet not so much for my son. He's 4 years younger but I would never let her do half the stuff I let him get away with. I feel like I put such a burden on her to be perfect.

Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.
These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. I love Sunday nights with my daughter. We lock ourselves in my room & lay on my bed and do homework. Doesn't sound exciting, but I use to be a teacher & she loves school, so for us, it's perfect.
2. I love seeing my kids play and laugh together. There really is very little fighting, they are so loving and share everything.
3. I love seeing my husband roll around on the floor with the kids and the way he can make them giggle and be free.
4. I love hearing "You're the greatest mom in the whole world." followed by the biggest hug ever.
5. I love family hugs. Cheesy? Absolutely, but love it!
6. I love babysitters. Time alone with my husband is more than worth it when we are both refreshed and come home happy, and see our kids happy.
7. I love this crazy family of mine. I am SO not perfect, but I try and I re-evaluate things and try to adjust. I hope my kids don't hate me when they grow up.

OK, so I am passing out drinks awards now: And I'm more one of those "buy a round for the entire bar" kinda of gals.... SOOOOOO grab the award, you earned it. I want to see it up on EVERYONE's page by next week. Get to crackin ladies!

8 comments:

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I just went back a read the last few days' posts because somehow I missed them in my working frenzy. And with the nose bleed and the pee on the floor and such, i think you really did win this award! congratulations!

kristi said...

You are so lucky! Your kids rarely fight?? GAAAHHH can I move to your house?

Mom said...

Love the list of things you love! Congrats on the award.

Arrrrgh, your blog has been pirated by Mom at Life...EXAGGERATED!

Jean said...

Ooh Im so taking this award and I so deserve it. :)
I wonder why we do feel so lenient with the youngest, guess it's that been there done that don't care anymore attitude.

That Girl said...

You are a great mom and you make me lol with every post....what more could you ask for?

Melissa said...

Congrats on your award...you deserved it! Love your list!

~~Mel~~ said...

Congrats on the award...you totally deserve it!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love the list of the things you love....I really love your blog...and will be back often.
i am a new blogger trying to learn from other blogs. please stop by and visit me.