Monday, March 2, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week


I did not and would not ever be vain enough to spend 15 minutes in a department store dressing room looking for grey hairs. I mean, the lighting and huge mirrors are absolutely perfect for that, but I am not nearly that paranoid about grey hairs to stand there in a public building doing that. I color anyway, what does it matter.

I did not do a 'at home' eyebrow and lip wax only to end up getting wax in my nose. I certainly would not freak out about it and have to pull it off my nose hairs causing a huge sneezing attack. Said waxing did not leave small bumps all over my upper lip making me look like I have a disease. (Aren't you guys so glad you talked me out of at home bikini waxing? Could you imagine the NOT ME on that one!)

I did not create a meal out of of a tube of bread sticks, hot dogs and a block of Velveeta cheese because I was too lazy to go to the store for "actual" food. My kids did not like it (seriously, did NOT like it) but I did. I did not eat pretty much all of them.

I do not have a daughter that would ever say a negative word to her mother. No, she is perfect and would never scream "How could you be SOOOO bad at this," while I fix her hair. This girl knows the phrase, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." And she would not bust that out at 7 am causing me to LMAO. I would scold such behavior, not crack up at it. I would not have the last laugh, because she had to go in public with my awful hair do-ing skills.

I did not get my seat belt stuck in the lock because I accidentally clicked my coat in the lock with it and sit there for EVER trying to get unstuck from my car. Wondering just how do you get yourself out of a seat belt? No scissors, no knife... chew your way out? Armed with a cell phone do you call the police? Yell out the window for help? Go through a Starbucks drive-thru and ask for scissors???? What is the proper way to handle this? I don't think they teach this kind of survival training.

20 comments:

blueviolet said...

Well,that's not fair! You didn't end up saying how you managed to get out. =:o

Mary Teresa said...

My mom had some impressive hair do-ing skills too. I learned to do my own at an early age for this simple reason. My mom couldn't even get a ponytail to sit straight let alone braid or pigtails. =D

Cammie said...

I have been SO guilty of that gray hair thing....

Sara said...

Seriously...I was just laughing out loud alone in my living room. Don't start looking for gray hairs in the car in the visor mirror while the sun is beaming down through the sun-roof on the top of your head. You can see everything in the car! I've considered keeping a pair of tweezers in there for my eyebrows. The lighting is great!

Nikki B. said...

i'm so obsessed with finding gray hair right now...it's ridiculous! every time i find one...i'm so dramatic and have to show jake and whine about it...it's kinda pathetic!

Jenn@mylifewiththecrazies said...

Stopping over from Not Me Monday... still laughing.. thanks for some great Not Me's!

Jeanette "Frogster" said...

funny stuff! how do you get out of the seatbelt - this is important info, I may need it later on!

Jillene said...

Wax in the nose?! Ow, ow, ow, ow!!

Heidi said...

Sheer luck is how I got out of the seatbelt. Lots of tugging, cussing, praying, sweating... somehow I got the coat to shift while I pushed the button and voila... Heidi unstuck.

seriously? said...

I am with ya on the going through the starbucks drive thru for help. "Can you please let me borrow a pair of scissors...I seem to be stuck in my car and can I have a Venti Vanilla Latte while I wait?"

trish and chris said...

came from mckmama, and my vote would also be starbucks drive-thru, haha

Bonnie said...

Hey, not sure if you saw this post or not...

http://wheredidthisallcomefrom.blogspot.com/2009/02/say-it-forward-week-6.html

You may have noticed an increase in blog traffic that day...YOUR WELCOME...lol.

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I totally also do NOT look for gray hairs in dressing rooms. That would be crazy. And I, like you, am not crazy.

Nicole said...

Thank god I dont have girls! My poor kids would look horrible every day. I can hardly do my own hair! You get an A for effort. By the way, I will be doing my 100th post in the next few days and I have a giveaway. Dont forget to stop by!

carma said...

you may need to keep a pocket knife in your glove box for future seatbelt dilemmas :-)
carma

heidi said...

See? I can do hair and have 2 girls that don't want me to.

Elisabeth said...

Great Not Me's! Princess T does not criticize my hair styling skills either!

Shelly said...

i tagged you...come on over to my blog to see what it is all about!

Kameron said...

My mom's hair doing skills were too good. My poinytails were so tight I thought I might turn chinese!! Yeah, how did you get out???

Mother Goose said...

seriously, what was I thinking? Why haven't I been leaving you some comment love!! I love your blog and writings!