Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me Monday... the partners in crime edition.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week


So this is the Not Me Monday where I drag my friends into it.

I did not go buy a pair of cheap sunglasses that totally make me look like some Italian mobster's wife (which is absolutely the look I am going for these days...) only to have the stupid things break right when I get in the car. I did not take them right back in the store and get another pair only to have those break the next day. I am not on the hunt now for a new pair of "Victoria Gotti" glasses.

I did not ride a metal horse outside a restaurant and have a friend take pictures. And if I did this... I would NOT post them. Seriously, I would not!!! I have dignity you know.

I did not become a total groupie to a Children's Faith Based band called Go Fish Guys. I would not purchase about 5 CD's, go twice to get them signed and insist on holding up a line to get their picture. I do not think that bald dads who sing songs like, "It's hard to be cool in a minivan" are totally awesome and could whip The Wiggles's butts.


I did not purchase enough crap to make me grow an entire pant size in a weekend snacks for the convenient store clerk to ask, "Do you need a bag for all of that?" I did not have to say yes because there was way too much to carry on my own. (PS. my friends did not purchase just as much and then we ate the entire stash over the weekend like we were teenagers out without our parents)


I did not do a ton of even stupider stuff such as slamming someone's face into a hotel door attempting to get them to hurry up inside the hotel room so I would not be caught being the "loud person" in the hallway at midnight. Or making people go to the other side of the hotel room and turn the TV on so I can have "Safe Toilet Syndrome" while I do my business in the bathroom. And finally I did not have a fabulous weekend with friends at Hearts at Home and come back totally refreshed and excited about my parenting instead of worn out and stressed.

14 comments:

Mama SeWELL said...

If you didnt like your glasses, they would never break and never get lost. When you like something no matter how much you paid, its the first things to get chewed up by the dog, or stepped on.
Great NMM!
Have a great week!

Cammie said...

teehee. Happy Monday!

That Girl said...

sounds like you didnt have a great weekend!

Kameron said...

Alright, pony up the horse pictures!! Glad you had a great time!

M said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I too hope the horse pictures show up on FB soon!

Staci said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Mommies can still get crazy at times too!

heidi said...

You better post the horse pictures, Heidi. You have to.

Tease.

Glad you had fun!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

So glad you had a good weekend. And yes, you can come over and couch sit with me eating Easter junk food anytime!

jineen said...

ha! hope this week is better:)

Swoozie said...

You sound like you are one re-charged momma!
A week-end away can do wonders.....glad you had a super great time!

April said...

I was at Hearts at Home too! It is so fun, don't you just love how you come back home like you've just had a vitamin shot of super mommy. Go Fish was alot of fun to watch. I hadn't heard their songs before (heard of them, just not their songs). It is a small world!

whereismymind said...

Hehe. I would NOT do any of that stuff, either... (Totally sounds like me.)

~~Mel~~ said...

Ohhhhhhh your weekend souns like so much fun...I'm very jealous.

Junita said...

Background noise is critical for "Big Potty" moments!