Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not as hot as you think you are

You know when you feel all cute? Got a new top on, maybe some new fancy earrings? Your hair worked just right and you even smell good, as opposed to baby poop or slobbery Cheerios smeared all over your shoulder? You are blaring the radio to some super oober cool music. Yeah, you think, "Man, I'm actually hot today! I got it going on, just like I use to."

AND THEN....

Your 6 year old pipes up from the back seat of your MINIVAN and says, "Mom, where there cars when you were a kid?"

First response? If I push the "magic door" button for her door to 'accidentally' open, will she just fall out of my car right now? (Kidding, Kidding, don't get all upset that I thought about shoving my child out of a moving vehicle)

Second response? Laugh, and ask, "So how old do you think I am?" Her answer.... 23! The girl gets to live... Hell, I even bought her candy after that!

16 comments:

sheila said...

Oh that's funny! Cute post! lol.

M said...

Love that girl!

Grecently decided that I was older than J because 28 is bigger than 32. (ie 8 is greater than 2) We are clearly still working on place value around here.

Nikki B. said...

my kids are always harshing my mellow, too!
kids suck!!

Cammie said...

HA.

Abby said...

That is cute! My kids I work with at school always want to know how old I am. I always tell them to guess. It is interesting what they guess. They will say "16" and I am like, not a little older and then they say "60". Um, no! We are all just old to them!

Xazmin said...

Hilarious! I love those "hot days" - mine are way to few and far between!!

Xazmin

Lauren said...

Oh, that is funny!!

Is is possible to hot like we used to be? I am starting to think it isn't!

Kameron said...

She's lucky she redeemed herself there!

Jean said...

To really get that hot domesticated goddess feeling, one must vacuum in heels.

You mean that "magic door" button isn't the ejection seat button?
At least you weren't asked if you were alive when Abe Lincoln was around..cause that was way before cars were invented. :)

lmt1073 said...

Too funny.... don't kids just kill you with their comedic words???

jineen said...

i love it! my kid asked me the other day was i alive when they created jails? and did i know the first person who ever got into jail. i told him i wasn't old enough....and he said " yeah, i know, you don't have wrinkles on your hands yet, or gray hair. i checked." thanks kid.

~~Mel~~ said...

Too funny!

Nicole said...

LOL. It's amazing how kids cannot grasp this whole time and year thing! My mom is always telling my oldest that she is 39 (her permanent age). so the other day he was telling me that my dad is 20 years older than my mom and I asked him where the hell he got that idea from and he told me how old she was. He has been believing her all along, she thought it was hilarious!

Melissa said...

Last night I was exercising with my little man (lifting him with my legs) and he says to me, "momma, your fur is hurting me!" Needless to say I did shave today! Thanks for sharing...

Sully said...

I was running late one day last week. I washed my hair, but it was air drying on my way to drop the kids off at school and then go straight into work. I was pep talking to myself (in my head) that it would be okay. It may look a little disheveled, but it would be good enough. My 6 year old pipes up with, "Mom, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR HAIR!?!"

*popped my balloon*

Mother Goose said...

LOL, i love the way you think and yes! candy or icecream would have been the prize too!