Monday, March 9, 2009

I want to be 5.

I wish I was 5 years old again.

Can you imagine. Someone cleans for me. Someone washes, dries, folds and puts away my laundry. There is food on the table 3 times a day. And it's not me who has to plan it, shop for it, unload it, prepare it and sit there and listen to the complaints about how yucky it is. I get to BE the one screaming about how yucky it is.

I get to play outside with my friends doing kart wheels in the front lawn and riding my bike around the neighborhood without a care in the world. I get to wear whatever I want without a bra! That right there is enough to resort back to childhood. I get to watch cartoons and sit on the floor, and like it, without hearing popping noises when I get up. To get hugs from my mom anytime I want. To have her stroke my hair and feel like nothing could ever hurt me.

Riding with my dad in his truck with windows rolled down and my arm hanging out the side just like him. Thinking he is Superman and nothing can hurt him.

My only cares are what I am going to put on my wish list for my birthday or if I can have ice cream after dinner. Not about bills, errands, deadlines, appointments or even death.

I want to be 5 so I don't have to do all the adult stuff that clutters up my mind and my fun. I want to laugh until milk comes out my nose. I want to run barefooted in the grass. To feel the warmth of my parents love surrounding me daily as they read to me and kiss me goodnight.

I want to be 5 years old again.

18 comments:

Cammie said...

Me too. Either that or I want to be a cat

Nikki B. said...

OMG...i was getting way to into that post...i was tearing up. that's saying a lot...cuz tears don't easily fall from these eyes of mine...

just when i felt the warmth and sentiment and the nostalgia wash over me...i read cammie's comment...

Bwahhahahahahaha!! ROFLMAO!!!!

beautiful post, heidi...and a kick ass comment, cammie!!!

Staci said...

me too! The freedom of having no responsibility: PRICELESS!

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

Mimi told me today that she wants to turn five in September (not four). ha.

Crystal said...

What I would give to be 5 again...

The Laundress said...

Oh Me too....Me too!!!!

Nicole said...

I would love to go back to that age! And then skip the teenage drama all together.

Alicia said...

Heidi....that was so awesome!!!!!!

That Girl said...

lol at the cat comment....I think that all the time. Our cat has it made and he gets to sleep all the time. I love to sleep but I dont get nearly enough of it.

Great post!

~~Mel~~ said...

I want to be 5 again too!!!

It's funny that my 7 year old can't wait to grow up...slow it down kid...there's a whole lot of stress when you are an adult.

Khadra said...

I think what you said is very nice! I didnt enjoy my childhood much so Im happy not to be 5 :)

Kameron said...

Yeah, 5 would be nice but then I wouldn't want to repeat from about 7 through 17, so I guess I'll stay where I'm at. Oh and being a cat might be cool, but I wouldn't want to be my cat cause I forget to clean the box sometimes. Eww!

Xazmin said...

What do you mean 5? I still laugh until milk comes out my nose!

This was so cute, it sooo took me back! I love your blog - I think I'll follow to see what else you have to say!

Mama SeWELL said...

ahhhhhh those were the carefree days. Seems like so long ago! Heck, Id be happy with just one day of being 5 again. I wouldnt want to be a cat though they lick their butts too! Awesome post!

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

me again....I left you some lovin' on my blog today! :) Come by and check it out when you get a free moment...

Parenthood For Me said...

I could definitely go back to another age. But at 5 i could't drink wine

Swoozie said...

What a great post! ((jumping up & down saying Me! Me! Me too!))

BTW~~I'm a new follower! I love your posts! You rock it!

Tim said...

Nikki is nutz... I wouldnt listen to a thing she says especially when she isnt taking her meds. LOL

Great post! Forget bones cracking, I cant get down to the floor period, and if I do, I sure aint gettin up without some assistance. Sad I know. haha

Love and Prayers,

Tim