Friday, March 13, 2009

Adios Baby

cause I'm leavin on a jet plane minivan
Dont know when I'll be back again (Sunday)
Oh babe, I hate to go (Uh, not so much)

Lyrics by John Denver
Creative changes: Heidi

I'm bustin' out of this joint. 2 days at a Hearts at Home Conference with my homies. Which means no dirty diapers. No waaaaa, "MOOOOMMMMIIEEEE!" No can I have some ____________ (fill in the blank with just about anything, they ask for it all.) No sweeping, mopping, dishes, laundry.... Just the girls and a good solid weekend. I am so excited to get away and just enjoy some me time. Some time to regroup and refresh.

But wait, no hugs? No "Mommie, I love you. You are the bestest Mommy in the whole world."? No good night kiss?

I am rethinking this whole leaving thing. I'm not sure I want to go now. (Well, almost) I know the kids will be fine. The husband? Yeah, he'll be fine too. My house. Oh my poor house will suffer the brunt of it all. I'm sorry house. I am sorry that you are gonna have to endure a full 2 days with these people. I promise to love you and mend your wounds when I return. But for now....

I'm already gone....
I'm feeeeeelin strong.
So I will sing this victory song....
Cause I'm already gone.....
(Eagles baby)

12 comments:

Sara said...

ENJOY!!! Don't feel bad either. I'm sure this is much deserved. Tell them all "Peace Out" and don't look back!

Jean said...

Have a great time!

Will the kids even be somewhat dressed when you get back? Cause mine are always half naked like a bunch of frat boys coming off a binge. Not that I'd know anything about frat boys and binges...

Staci said...

Have FUN!!!

That Girl said...

lol at Jean
have a great weekend and try not to have any mommy guilt....you deserve it!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Take some time to RELAX on you trip! Don't even think about the house...maybe your husband and kids will have it all in perfect order when you return! Realistic? Probably not, but hey it COULD happen!

Swoozie said...

It's tough to leave BUT it's fun to leave as well! Have a great week-end!

p.s. Your post made me LOL!

Nikki B. said...

oh yeah..enjoy your weekend...cuz you are soooooo gonna pay for it when you get back!!

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous. Have a fabulous time!!

Kameron said...

That is always my fear when I go away with out them! I know I will come home to a catastrophe! Have a great time!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Have a great "me time" weekend! I hope your house survives and you don't come back to a week's worth of mess after a weekend away!

~~Mel~~ said...

I hope you are enjoying your time away!

jineen said...

i hope you have a TON of fun! don't worry, the kids will be there when you get back!