Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Randoms

I am stealing (shhhh, don't tell) this idea from HER. This is going around Facebook like the flu and since I am a FB junkie, I of course, have already done it on there & thought I would give you the low down on all my boring as hell amazing useless crappy information facts.
So here are 25 completely random things about me. So read and enjoy the fact that you are so much more normal than I.

1. I have a birthmark on my right pinkie finger. It's how I learned to tell right from left.
2. I secretly dreamed of one day being on the Wheaties box when I was a kid.
3. I have lived in 5 states: Texas, Illinois, Nebraska, South Carolina and Indiana.
4. I hate beets with every fiber of my being.
5. I don't have a favorite color.
6. I broke my arm in 5th grade. I tripped over my shoelace. *You have permission to use that when telling your kids to tie their shoes. You're welcome.
7. I married my high school sweetheart. Been married 10 years and counting.
8. I sometimes sleep sitting with my legs crossed and my head in my lap. Don't ask, I have just always done that.
9. I never had a middle name growing up, now it's my maiden name.
10. Nicknames: Egor, Dermit, Hot Shot, Chicken Shit
11. I own a cat, but I really don't like cats. I am much more a dog person.
12. My son got his name from a World Champion Team Roper, only I didn't know that's where it came from until AFTER we named him.
13.I wish I could be more forceful and direct with people.
14. I choose humor over any other emotion.
15. I wear holes in my socks and it drives Stephen crazy.
16. I have never gotten a ticket, but have been pulled over 3 times.
17. I am deathly afraid of birds, but have no problem with spiders.
18. I have never been able to do a cartwheel or the splits.
19. I decorate cakes for a hobby.
20. I am a blog nerd.
21. I call my mom everyday. Especially when I am sick.
22. My favorite drink is rum & coke.
23. I wanted to be an accountant, but couldn't get through Business Cal. in college.
24. Strangest thing I ever ate was escargot. Not too bad.
25. I hate Hamburgers. Can't stand them.

So there you have it... now spill your so we can get to know each other better.

15 comments:

Hip Mom's Guide said...

I like yours - you did a nice job! I avoided it, then saw a different one & posted it on Monday. I like it because it had me use pictures instead of words--and I'm ALWAYS using those. :)

heidi said...

I've posted 6 random things for one tag and 10 random things for another. I dunno if I can come up with more.

14. I choose humor over any other emotion.


me too. I know you're shocked.

Jean said...

I'd probably be the first to laugh during a funeral and only because I've been through an emotional ringer and that's the best way I know how to deal with it.
I'm also deathly afraid of birds. After being nailed by one inside a full church, I'm scared to death of them. You should have seen me in Galveston with the sea gulls. I was completely cowering under the hubs while they were flying over head and one still got me. They pooped on me dang it!

Melanie said...

I wish I could be more forceful and direct with people too. But I am just too shy.

Cammie said...

excellent job!

AnneYarbs79 said...

OMG- I can't tell you the stuff I've learned about people I've known for years thanks to this little Facebook adventure! I swear on everything holy, I have tried to do at least 100 times and everytime I start someone starts crying or needs more Bunny Whop or whatever- I think I'm jinxed!

Angela said...

Some interesting things.

I will hold on to the shoe lace thing and now I am hungry for that hamburger you don't like.

Darn pregnancy I am hungry all the time.

Elisabeth said...

I broke my arm in fifth grade, too! Not tripping over my shoe lace though, but tripping over one of those wood things they had on the playgrounds back then!

Teri said...

I did this viral meme a few posts ago. Look if you want!

Weird you're afraid of birds - I rescued a baby robin once and raised it to adolescence. He sat on my finger and everything. I felt like Snow White lol - only I don't think Snow White ever killed a cricket and smashed it up to make food.

Alicia said...

I'm totally swiping this. Such a sucker for these memes!

Khadra said...

I love rum and coke.
there is no way I can think of 25 things to say about myself!! Atleast not interesting things.

solo nicole said...

i'm still trying to figure out your sleeping position...

Mother Goose said...

I loved reading yours and you are right, about it going around FB! but, I am addicted to FB too!

sheila said...

I hear you can't get on a Wheaties box if you smoke a bong. lol, sorry I couldn't resist that one when i saw your wheaties box thing in the post.

Mama Krit said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog, but I loved it. You are hilarious! Your header was too funny. I too know well how parenting with a glass of wine in your seems just that much easier... :)