Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Breaking News- She's stepping down!

Hello...

Is this thing on?


I call you all here today for a special news conference.

I will be stepping down early in my reign of "Mother of the Year."

I will hand over my crown and my sash to the runner up, in lew of yesterday's events. I am not proud, I am ashamed of myself. I can only hope that photo's were not taken, nor leaked to the media. I know some of you have first hand knowledge when the event took place, and I appreciate you holding on to it until I could prepare a statement myself.

I will work long and hard to restore my good name and will try again for the crown next year. Thank you.... That is all.

*It seems that yesterday at approximately 1:20 pm Mrs. Heidi got a call from her daughter's school. Thinking it was the nurse calling she quickly answered the phone and was shocked with the information. Evidently, Mrs. Heidi forgot her daughter at school. In the snow, no less. For 20 minutes. She then had to get her sleeping toddler out of bed and drag him to the school to pick up her 1st grader who was waiting in the office after 30 minutes. It is no wonder Mrs. Heidi has relinquished the crown and we will further investigate this matter. We now return you to regularly scheduled programming of the Bachelor.

21 comments:

lmt1073 said...

awwww, i know you feel horrible... heck i feel horrible for forgetting the bottle the other night... it'll be okay though... i promise!!!

Jillene said...

Oh no!! I am so sorry this happened. But guess what?! It happens to the best of us!!

Kameron said...

That stinks!! Did she have a half day or something??

That Girl said...

you are funny!
Hope everyone begins to heal quickly and there is not any lasting damage.

Cammie said...

my mom left me at the skating rink late at night for like a half hour. alone. I survived, your kid will too! Promise.

Junita said...

I always have a feeling that we have left Monkey behind - I am bound to do it eventually. I can't even find him in the house at times - I also let him fall off the bed! (Not on purpose)

Kristin.... said...

Oh no!

I'm sorry, I laughed. Not at you. At the situation.

You handle yourself very well. I'll give you back your sash. :)

Heather of the EO said...

That is the WORST feeling. I mean, not that I know. I'm a perfect mother of the year candidate. I can do no wrong, I'm never forgetful or neglectful. ahem...cough...

I'm so sorry! What stress!

You're still a good mom. YOU ARE!

solo nicole said...

do you know how hard it was for me to keep this in?!? yes ladies and ladies i am a first hand witness of the neglect.......i was chatting with mrs. heidi on facebook when she got the call....and i was sitting in my daughter's hospital room so who is the mother of the year now?!? haha

Patrice said...

haha oh no!! Things happen, it's okay! I'm sure you still deserve your sash, everyone makes mistakes!

Melissa said...

Oh no!!! I'm sure she won't hold it against for very long :P

Alicia said...

Oh man...that has to be the worst feeling!!!! I'm sure you're not the first!!! LOL

Nicole said...

Whooops! It happens to the best of us girl. She has probably forgiven you already!

I did that a few weeks ago. I didn't realize my oldest (3rd grade) had a half day. He walks home with friends everyday but thank god he was smart enough to go to the neighbors house and hang out.

Nicole said...

Come on over to my blog and watch the video. It will make you feel better about being a parent. These parents were idiots for not watching their kids!!!!

Lauren said...

Oh no! Don't beat yourself up too much, it happens to everyone eventually!

Heidi said...

Awww! Look at all of you supportive people! I actually laughed about it, well, after I apologized a bazillion times and made it up to her with hot chocolate and marshmallows. Gets her everytime. I hope she's this understanding when she's 16 instead of 6.

Jean said...

I thought for a split second I could be runner up for the crown, than just 5 minutes ago, middle son handed me a note about some 3rd grade concert that of course was tonight. Yes he had told me about it a million times but was just now giving me the note 3 hours later.
Looks like the crown is now on the shoulders of the 3rd runner up. Drat..I had a speech and everything.

Michelle said...

Ack! Mommy brain in full force! LOL I'm sure you're not the first, or last, to "forget" your kid in school :)

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

Not only have I forgotten my child at school (didn't know they closed early due to snow) I actually brag about worst mother of the year. Unfortunately, we gave my husband's mother a mug that said that a few years ago so she says the title belongs to her.

.Keli. said...

So sorry this happened and it does make you feel horrible! But are we to remember everything???? : ) xo

jubilee said...

Oh.My.Gosh! I forgot my son several times when the school arbitrarily mandated early release. I know just how you feel! You'd think those school officials would get tired of having to call parents all the time and not have those arbitrary early releases! Ugh.

At least you got to wear the crown for a little while!;)