Friday, January 16, 2009

What's Up Jack Frost?


Jack frost isn't just nippin at my nose. Oh hell no, he has penetrated into my home. Check out the ice INSIDE the house! WTH? (And I totally had to clean the windowsill before taking the picture.)

So I came up with my top 10 things to do on snow day #2

10. Drink... (I mean coffee with some Baileys. *wink wink*)

9. Catch up on seedy reality TV when your kids aren't watching.

8. Facebook til you drop

7. Wonder if Duct taping your children's mouths is grounds for police involvement.

6. Find creative ways to put off painting wind chimes. It's just too much after making root beer, painting sun catchers, playing games....

5. Hide from small children.

4. Wear sweats and be merry.

3. Do small chants and charms to ensure that school will be back on, on Monday. For every one's sanity.

2. Eat chocolate

1. Totally ignore everything and everyone while you sit at the computer all day.

*I could put clean all windowsills on the list, but really, why?


AND an update:
Turns out my garbage men fell TWICE at the neighbor's house! AWESOME!

20 comments:

Cary said...

You are so funny!

Katie Madsen said...

Thanks for that post Heidi! I was worried that it was my old windows letting Jack Frost in. We have not left the house since Wednesday, It just isn’t worth it. By 9:00 we had the paints out and put away. Five minutes and she told me “done”. Grrrr five of fun ten of clean up.

Cammie said...

fun stuff. We have not heat at work today.
awesome

Mama SeWELL said...

Im on board with numbers 5 and 1 today, can I clock out today? I hope you actually got to witness the garbage guy fall, thats hilarious.
Happy Friday!

Elisabeth said...

That's where Karma will get them! That should teach your garbage guys to laugh at you!

Tuesday Girl said...

now THAT is cold.

Mommy Daisy said...

Wow, that is serious. We had a little bit of ice on the inside of a few windows today too. -15 is not fun!

Contest Chris said...

Hilarious!

Kameron said...

Don't you feel vindicated knowing that they fell! I wonder if they knew SHE saw them!! I wish I were at home today instead of at work. OH well. I can still sit in front of my computer all day, blog and not work!!

Jean said...

Would that be a considered a "Garbage Fail"? ..oh yeah I'm here all week.

heidi said...

Good luck hiding from small children. I think they have atracking device stuck to us somewhere and the minute we lave the immediate vicinity they start hollering "mooooom! Mom? MOOOOOOOM!" Let a person pee, already. Just sayin'.

solo nicole said...

the police only get involved with duct tape cases if you draw blood when you remove the tape...just soak them in the tub for a couple hours before removing...works everytime.

Elisabeth said...

You have received an award on my blog! Please, go check it out, thanks!

Jillene said...

That is CRAZY about the frost!! And before I duct tape I insert a sock into the mouth!! (0;

sheila said...

#3 aren't eh kids off for MLK day?

So funny about the garbage guys! Too bad you didn't get some pics! Hysterical!

You need some of that pretty plastic on your inside windows. Frost-yuck.

*Keli* said...

HI LARRY US!!!

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

ugh, that is TOO COLD!

Live and Learn the Hard Way said...

Thanks so much for the laughs this afternoon-- exactly what I needed, and so very true.

American in Norway said...

LOVE IT! Now I don't feel so bad about doing that all day yesterday & maybe again today!

Tinika said...

You are so funny! I started at todays not me Monday post and have read down to here. Ha. Anyways, I have thoroughly enjoyed my reading!