Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The updated versions

So our nightly experiment is over. We are now back to television. And you know, it did clear my head of all the useless noise in the evening, and I could actually talk with my husband, which was ever so nice. I think we will be adopting this No TV thing, at least a little. And I only have 2 things to say about it....

1. LOST! WTH? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone???? They sure named that one right and I had to wait FOREVER to see the episode.

2. Grey's! Just when I think I'm getting out, you suck me back in!

And the exercise/diet guru.... Well, that meeting didn't quite go as planned. You know I was all ready to be poised and proper, even so much as to stress out over what drink I was to order. But when you end up having to take your son with you, the one with croup and is coughing up a lung, because you didn't get the lady's phone # and you can't reach her to cancel, things go awry. I spend 30 minutes telling someone what I ate and exercised while chasing my son around a coffee shop. I think it did work well for me that I burned at least 300 calories right there. So we ended our conversation with lingering Omega 3's hanging in the air and will continue it tomorrow at my place. So NOW I am fretting that the lady is going to come into my pantry & start giving the ol' stink eye to every Triscuit, Granola Bar, Cheerio in sight. My poor food. I feel a need to protect it from the mean lady. I am thinking my closet. What do you think?

6 comments:

Mary Teresa said...

Haha. I think that unless she's a crazy health fanatic your food may make it out alive. I hope. But the closet is a good hiding spot. Or in the kids bed under the blankets. She'll never look there. =D Good luck!

Bonnie said...

Closet may be dangerous - what if she asks to see your skinny jeans?

Try the dishwasher. No one ever looks in there. Unless yours is always full, like mine, then you can try my other favorite hiding place: your kid's closet. If it is anything like my daughter's there is so much junk in there it no one will ever notice a few boxes of illegal carbs.

M said...

Blame It On Husband.

Beanie said...

I second the husband idea...it sure works around here!

heidi said...

I think you think too much.

Ali said...

Re: Lost, I have no idea what's going on, I just enjoy the ride!