Thursday, January 8, 2009

Too Cheap to go Out?

So I have found a way to have fun AND save money. I know, I need my own infomercial. It's in the works. OK, my great idea is stay home & play games.

*I can hear your collective sighs like I just took the wind out of your sails. But hear me out on this one. I know what I am talking about. You just haven't been doing it the "Heidi Way."

First: Get Pictionary.

Second: Add Alcohol (not even necessary, but you see where I am going with this one.)

Third: Insert two parents. (As in, your own parents who haven't played games in like 30 years, let alone stayed up that late in 20)

Forth: Mix in a few kids, just to make it interesting and you can't get too carried away.


And Stir!!!!!


What you get is some hilarity! Here's how it went:

I draw: The Earth

Mom guesses: Uterus
*Yeah, "The world is your oyster I mean uterus."


I draw: Homeless man

Mom Guesses: Sperm
*I shit you not, that's what she said. In her defense, he was laying down with no arms or legs. But seriously, sperm?

So when I got to drawing "Big Mouth" And she just yelled out "Eggs" I had to do it, I impregnated her eggs in the uterus with the sperm. She was asking for it!

Example No.2
The fact that my father just draws whatever the hell he wants to. Doesn't matter if it's an "All Play" and every team is suppose to draw the same things, he picks the easiest and just goes with it.
Dad: "You guys have to draw inflation? I just drew a sweater."

Example No. 3 (And no mom, I am not picking on you, you were the funnest person of the evening.) Mom forgets what she is drawing. We guess it like 5 times, and finally she looks at the card and just say, "Oh yeah, that's it, I forgot."

And couple this with the fact that the 6 year old did better than all of us, just made for one eventful evening. So there you have it, the joy of staying home and saving money. If you do not have a crazy, fun family like mine, feel free to drop on by for Game Night. Only bring your own wine, I ain't sharin'.

18 comments:

Elisabeth said...

LOL! "Oh, yeah, that's it, I forgot." LOL!! That sounds just like my mom!

K and/or K said...

My mom with a little teequila in her and a game of catch phrase is a hoot as well! Who knew our parents were such cheap dates?

sheila said...

Hysterical! We play the same way at holidays. lol. Alchohol and board games! Such a wonderful concept!

themommykelly said...

Now THAT sounds like a blast! I have got to try that combination one of these days. Diapers for everyone!

Jean said...

I think your mom is trying to send you some kind of subliminal message in her guessing.
Hubs likes to get me drunk while playing Wii. That's what we call a date around here.

heidi said...

LOL Sounds like fun!!

Melissa said...

That is a good game night:) Your Mom is funny.

Kameron said...

OUr two favorite games are Apples to Apples and Cranium. It is always a blas, and add some alcohol to the mix and you are in for a riot!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Sounds like an evening full of laughs! I love playing games with my family...it is always a good time!

Nicole said...

I havent played pictionary in years! I keep telling the hubby we need to have a game night. He wont listen. Sounds like you had a blast. Was you mom in a baby makin mood or what?! LOL

Nikki B. said...

I'm a board game FREAK! I get uber-competitive though and usually end up verbally assaulting someone before the night is over!

My faves are MadGab, Cranium, and SceneIt for groups. Jake and I play Boggle and Yahtzee when it's just the two of us...oh, and Tivo'ed Jeopardy, of course!

obladi oblada said...

Sperm. That cracks me up! Pictionary is a blast! You are making me want to play...NOW!

Heather of the EO said...

I LOVE that kind of night. It really is especially funny that your mom forgot what she was drawing and just kept you guessing...the right answer. Hilarious.

Mrs B said...

Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! :)

Jessie said...

LOL!!!! ***running out to buy pictionary***

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

OMG, ROFL!!! HA

Cascia said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I loved playing games with my family when I was growing up. I wish I lived closer to my parents so I could have a game night with them. Pictionary is a lot of fun.

Cary said...

Aren't moms great? Every summer, my mom, sister, aunt, 2 cousins and myself go to the beach and we usually stay up late to play Scattergories. So, we roll the letter "A" and the category is Type of Juice. Everyone writes Apple and what does my mom write? "Almond Citrus". Yep. It's my fave too!????? What the heck is Almond Citrus juice????