Thursday, January 22, 2009

To be a poser or not?

Ladies... I have to do it! I don't want to, but I have to get my sorry butt back into shape! I know *boo, hiss, NOOOOOO* I am on the floor, arms and legs kicking and screaming about having to start this up hill battle. *Seriously, you should see this, it's a site. A 32 year old woman pouting, crying, throwing a fit about it.

But I have to. That's just the bottom line. I have to. Seriously ya'll. A friend of mine just gave me her fat girl workout clothes. WHAT? you say? I know, I was a bit, "oh my, thank you." But these are your FAT lady Lycra! Seriously. You know what I have been doing with them.... Uh, hangin round the house. Just chillin... you know, watching tv, taking care of the kids... just being all comfy.

You know what I haven't been doing with them???? WORKING OUT! That's what. I even went to the mall and got new shoes, new shirts, everything to make my new workout routine oh so special... But no, those are adding to my hang around the house & do the other stuff I got going on....

SOOOOOOO. In addition to the 2 year membership at a crappy gym that I am only 1 year into. I decided to go ahead and get a personal dietitian/workout...blah blah blah life coach person. (How happy is my husband going to be about that?) Seriously, think about the $ I am spending to NOT get in shape. I think I was better off just staying home and not get in shape. I really hope that this lady talks sense. We are meeting at a coffee shop and I am already sweating what to order. Do I go for my normal Mocha, knowing she's judging, but willing to show the real me. Do I go for a skinny no fat latte? Being a poser? What, oh what do I do???? And how the heck did I get myself into this one.

I need love. I need support. I need a cookie!

12 comments:

sheila said...

Good for you to throw yourself into this full force! You can do it...and it sounds like you are really putting your mind to it! Congrats on making such an important life decision! You'll thank yourself in 10 years...when, you'll find...it's harder to get them pounds off. lol

Mama SeWELL said...

Making the commitment & sticking to it is SO hard. I lost over 50 lbs before I got pregnant in '06. I started in Jan. and it took me until Aug. to loose that then I got prego. in Nov. I got a elliptical machine for the house and added in my own little pushups, crunches, leg lift rountine. I never really went on a "diet" becuase I refused to not be able to still enjoy eating. You know because I love food SO much, and thats how I got ended up 50lbs overwieght to begin with. I watched my portions and started eating alot of salads, veggies, ckn, & fish all during the week. On Sunday I would eat anything & everything I wanted. Steak & potatoes, Burgers, Spaghetti...anything! Then it was back on Mon. Once I started loosing it was easy to stay in the swing of things, but getting to that point was torture. I knew I wanted a healthy pregnancy and that was my real driving force. I have gained back 30-40lbs since '06, and I am finding it really hard to stick to anything this go around. There were no toys to p/u before, or diapers to change, or baths to give, or food to feed then. Our days as mom goes by so quick, how can anyone fit in a workout? I know how hard it is to get your mind on board, but you can do it!

PS The 100 calorie packs are great for the uncontrolable sweet tooth rages too!

Keep up updated on your progress!

Alicia said...

Oh, you're such a crack up!!

You can do it!!! Especially w/ a one on one trainer, you'll be more accountable!

The first step is just getting started!

Cammie said...

good for you. I fell of the diet wagon HARD CORE this week. Not good.

Melissa said...

Good for you! You can do it!

AnneYarbs79 said...

Assuming you are meeting her at at Starbucks, you need to order a grande non fat latte with 2 spendas. Only 130 calories and it'll look like you put some thought into it... (wink)

I, too, have been getting the subtle hints from my girlfriend. She and I had babies within 2 weeks of each other and she is back to normal, and I am sitting here in my preggy-sweat-pants. Yuck.

Jean said...

Maybe you should let her order first to get a feel for what she drinks. If she's goes whole hog than you won't feel so bad.
I don't know, I'd be stressing about that too.
Let us know!

Crystal said...

Oh my, good luck! I swear I will start again but alas still dont. one day. I would like to start working out and less fast food but not as strict as I have been in the past. I love my food and I am not proud lol.

solo nicole said...

babysteps or you'll crash and burn. instead of getting a large mocha get a medium, instead of drinking a soda with lunch drink water....babysteps!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

You can do it! I am doing the whole get healthy and loose weight thing too! I am working out, but I know I should be doing it more...baby steps, baby steps!

Good Luck with your meeting tonight!

Alicia said...

Hey! I just gave you the Honest Scrap award! Go grab it!

City Girl said...

I haven't stopped by your blog ina while, so sorry - but I wanted to say hello and that I am thinking of you. I went to this retreat last Saturday (it was so good I blogged about it :) ) and it got me thinking about a lot of the issues you mention. One thing that really hit me was how they were talking about doing micro movements towards a happier self and how that is less overwhelming. Hugs.