Thursday, January 15, 2009

Snow Angels the wrong way

So I guess I asked for it. The snow that is. And BOY did Old Man Winter listen. We ended up getting 4 inches, which really isn't all that bad. It's do-able. So after basking in the beautiful white drops from heaven I decided to be a dear and shovel the drive. In shifts, you know. So I go out for my first shift around 9 am. Now, at 9am on a day that I know I will not be leaving the house, I am not the prettiest of sites. Disheveled hair, yesterdays raccoon eyes, sweats.... I'm not a hot mess, I'm just a mess. But I figure no one will see me. Yeah, whatever.

The garbage men come right when I am getting started. Holy Cow, I had no idea I had hot garbage guys. I mean they look clean and are friendly and pretty darn cute. We talked and laughed for a minute & then I went back to work, cursing myself for not giving them a Christmas gift. Anyway, about the time they are driving off, I bit it!
I mean face plant right into the snow. Turns out that under all that snow, is still that stupid %&$#ing ice! And as I lay there on the ground, I look up and see the garbage guy holding on to the back of the truck watching me as he slowly rides away.

Talk about losing Cool points. Don't you know at the next stop they got together and laughed their heads off. I just wish I could have at least flashed the UPS man like Heidi instead of looking like a dork.

Experiment Night 3: I think my hubby says Viva No TV! His plan worked.

11 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh..you had me cracking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan said...

It's hard to look cool after face planting. When I do it, I'm always hoping no one saw me.

Abby said...

Oh no!!! You had me laughing with that story. Who would think the garbage men are hot. I always thought they would be kind of smelly!

Cascia said...

That is funny! I hope you are alright after your spill. I remember shoveling the driveway when we lived out in Wisconsin. You never can tell what may lay underneath all that snow. You better start putting salt on your driveway.

Kameron said...

You poor thing. I wish our garbage men would come at 9am instead of the ungodly 5am when they show up! Banging around garbage cans that early should be illegal. I guess I'll never be able to find out if my garbage men are cute. Oh well, I'd rather sleep. :o)

Jean said...

Please do tell me what this cold icy white stuff you speak of is? You mean to tell me it actually piles up high and sticks together causing extra stress and work like shoveling driveways and face planting? Tsk Tsk..I know nothing of what you speak.

heidi said...

I TOTALLY thought of Heidi, too. LOL Poor you!! LOL It's a good thing I'm completely graceful.

*Keli* said...

BWWWWAAahahahahaha..I'm sorry I'm laughing! hahahahahahaha

Rebekah said...

Roflol- Sorry to laugh but that is classic

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

You poor thing! That sounds like something I would have totally done...you seriously have cute garbage men? Ours look like Garbage Men...if you know what I mean!

Mandy and Jack said...

LOL! I'm so glad we don't have ice here!! Although, I'm not really sure what our garbage men look like. They're like the magic elves that come when I'm away.