Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday



I did NOT turn on Cars on the portable DVD player AND Diego on the TV just to keep my son happy while I cleaned. I can come up with something better than that.

I did not use Lysol instead of Pledge to clean the cabinets. And then turn around and use Scrubbing Bubbles instead of glass cleaner on the mirrors. I am not that screwed up... I can read you know.

No way did I get up at 6:30 on a Sunday to go to church with my children ALONE only to pull out of the driveway and find that a) my daughter's car seat was in my husband's car and b) that my engine lights were on. I did not have to pull back into the garage and take off my church clothes all pouty.

I did NOT fall on my arse in front of the garbage men and then literally laugh and fist bump when I found out they fell at the neighbors house. Karma anyone?

And I did NOT go out to a Thai restaurant with my girlfriends, and end up ordering 4 appetizers, 4 meals.... and then leave to go to ANOTHER restaurant to order 4 desserts. Please, no one can eat that much. *ahem*

I did not forget my really funny NOT ME and be oh so pissed that I can't remember it. Damn it, I got to start writing this stuff down.


Experiment after week 1: Sweet! I had this huge list of things I wanted to do during my nights, but you know what? I didn't get any of them done except to just enjoy my husband. To talk, drink wine... maybe a bubble bath or two - minus the husband. But I found it very peaceful. Who knew? But don't go selling your TV on my account, I still have another week to go.

17 comments:

Cammie said...

Happy Monday!!!!

AnneYarbs79 said...

Ah! I always think, "This is totally going on NMM", and then TOTALLY forget! I didn't know if it was cheating to write it down, like we are basking in our ridiculousness! heehee...

Nicole said...

Sounds like my everyday dilemmas!

sheila said...

Oh, that's hysterical! Sorry about the fall...but it sounds funny!

Elisabeth said...

Great list!! Karma is great, isn't it?

Nikki B. said...

always glad when you do a NOT ME post...funny stuff.

heidi said...

I don't ever have two different things going at once on TV and the DVD player just to appeae Corban, either. No way.

Junita said...

LOL - you know I grew up without a TV and I tend to be a junkie now - but we did start a rule of NO TV during dinner and we have to sit down to eat.
And I am still not pissed that you didn't even visit during your Dallas trip! (Ok so no I am not a weird stalker - I just got a kick that you were in my home town)

Kameron said...

Was it at least lemon Lysol?? ;o) I meant to ask you before, did you see the garbage men laughing when you fell??

Kimber said...

I would NOT have laughed at the garbage men too. I know mean, but it would make me feel better if they would have seen me fall. Great NMM's

Mandy and Jack said...

Haha I ALWAYS "forget my really funny NOT ME and be oh so pissed that I can't remember it!" That cracks me up. Cute "not me's!"

JenLive! said...

What a fun meme! I think I might have to try it next week. If I remember, that is.

Nico's Mom said...

That was too funny, I have done the same thing just to get a couple of minutes to clean something...my son loves Cars and Diego too!

Happy Monday

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

ha, those are funny ones!!

Orah said...

I CAN EAT THAT MUCH!!! :)

Wayne said...

So funny about you falling on your ars lol. great not me monday

My Trendy Tykes said...

I hate when I forget things.

Hate it!

Linda