Monday, January 12, 2009

I can't take it anymore

OK, I get it already Winter, you are a badass! No one ever said you weren't. So why do you insist on proving it over and over.

I give! You have ruined my shoes with you salt and dirty snow, not to mention my minivan. Don't you know how hard it is to even drive one of those around? I lose 20 cool points every time I step into it, and then you go making it look all nasty, not cool!

And making me feel like I am going to fall on my derier every time I walk into a building. These old legs can't handle the slipping and sliding like they use to. I think I pulled a groin just walking into the mall.

I scream UNCLE!!!!!!! If you aren't going to give me a beautiful blanket of snow that I can admire from my window sipping coffee & Baileys, then at least have the courtesy to not spit your stinky freezing rain in my direction!

I spent the better part of November getting hats, gloves, snow boots, snow suits for my entire family. Fully anticipating a gorgeous snowfall this year with sledding and ice skating. Do you know what I have gotten? Crap! That's what. Yucky slippery ice mixed with dirty salt and bare trees.

What made it worse was to go down to Texas and see people in flip flops and tank tops. To get a sunburn from being outside all day. For my children to play for a week straight out in the nice weather and then come back to this!

So Winter, I give up. You win, so just take your ball and GO HOME! I am ready for Spring already!

13 comments:

Cammie said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

heidi said...

LOL ok. LOL but I feel ya. That was me last winter. This winter we've had a butt-ton of good snow.

Nikki B. said...

Thank you for this reminder!

I see all these photos from you northern-bloggers...of kids bundled up, playing in the snow, sledding, white landscapes and rosy cheeks...I was starting to envy you people who have a winter-season.

Until this post...

It reminds me of what I have to be thankful for...down here in my flip-flops and tank-tops...sunburns in December and kids playing outside year-round!

Jean said...

Lets see, we had sleet last monday and it warmed up each day to almost 70 on Friday. Sat. a front came through and it was back down to the thirtys. Its about 5o today. as the saying goes stick around 5 minutes and the weather might change.

Nicole said...

LOL I am soooo with you. The weatherman said 1-2 inches total today. We woke up to 3 or 4 and it is still snowing!!!! I think more like 6-7 inches of this crap. I'm cranky.

Burgh Baby said...

Just pass Winter over to me, OK? I haven't had nearly enough of it and am SO FREAKIN tired of rain. Really.

Mrs B said...

Hells yeah! Where is this global warming everyone speaks of? Could you send it over to Kansas...cold weather sucks.

Kameron said...

I have snow and I'm tired of it too! When I think of how much more winter we have to go it makes my pitty party worse! I have a new car too, and I've only seen it clean 2 days!!

vickie said...

I heard someone at the store say today, "Can you believe it's actually going to get cold here tonight-like low 20's or high teens." (I know you're mad at this point and would love to punch the lady who said that seeing as how that's probably the high temp you've had over the last week and it was only the low for her) I had to laugh because it's funny to be back in the south where people are funny about it actually finally getting "cold"!! I'm just glad we've moved here to get out of the cold weather!! I feel sorry for you! Tomorrow's supposed to be 46 degrees-but teens tonight!! Miss you guys!

sheila said...

Are you in the range of states getting the below 0 temps this week? We are. I can see the dials on my gas meter spinning out of control. urghhhhhh!

I'm with you...love the pretty white blanket. Can SO do without the crappy freezing rain and slush.

Melissa said...

Your post cracks me up:)

solo nicole said...

and it's only going to get worse this week! i'm skeered!! hey sorry we never met up on my leave...nola ended up having a cold, then an ear infection then a stomach virus...one day better than poof back to work...ugh! now it's too freakin cold to even check the mail so maybe when it gets above freezing we can have that play date ;)

kristi said...

I wish we could get some snow in Tx.

On a weekend.

One I didn't have to work.