Monday, January 5, 2009

Honey, I'm Home

I'm baaaaaacccckkkk! Texas was an absolute BLAST. Who says that when they just spend 16 hrs. in the car (each way) 4 places to unpack, two small children and in laws? I am totally saying it. I had a blast.

How can you not have fun when you get to use words like "holler" and mean it as a place, and everyone in the room knows what you are talking about and doesn't laugh.

How can you not love tailgating with people you love and miss. I could do without falling on my butt in the middle of the parking lot because my dear brother in law sat out a broken chair. Thanks bro!

How can you not love seeing your mom who has been struggling to walk without a walker, riding around on her golf cart like she owned the place.

How can you not love the bazillion hugs and kisses from 7 nieces and nephews. And the way your kids just feel so at home and happy with them.

How can you not love your husband so relaxed that he looks 10 years younger and happier, and then looks at you that way.

OK, enough..... I had a good time, I know, shut up already and tell us about the funny stuff....

I will get to that later, right now I am standing on a pile of dirty laundry and scraping up sweet tarts for my kids to eat for breakfast because I haven't gone to the store. Not to mention, I am anxious to come visit your doorstep and see how you have been this past week.

17 comments:

Jean said...

At least you had pop tarts. I still haven't been to the grocery store and it's been way over 3 weeks, like the weekend before Christmas.
Can't wait for the funny!

Abby said...

It sounds like a great trip. Welcome back!

K and/or K said...

Welcome back! I love your upbeat outlook on your vacation!

Jillene said...

Welcome back!! It sounds like you had a GREAT trip!! I took a little trip of my own--a trip away for blogging. It was very hard to do for 16 days but now I am back and blogging full time again!! (0;

The Mom said...

Welcome Home! Happy New Year!

Cammie said...

I like Texas. Those Texans are always "fixin" to do something!

WPMomOf2 (jen) said...

Glad you had a "blast"; welcome back!

tollesons4him said...

Welcome Back!!! Aww Texas gotta love that place :)
Glad you had a great trip!

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels said...

Welcome back. Sounds like our whirlwind holidays. We only had an 8 hour drive but it sure seemed like longer when the kiddos were whining. We usually travel at night so they will just sleep but did the day thing this time....not as smooth.

Ali said...

Welcome back! I live in Arkansas and we can say the towns Booger Holler and Toad Suck with a straight face:)

Nikki B. said...

Glad you're back safe. And, glad you had fun at the game, in spite of...well, you know.

obladi oblada said...

Glad you had a good time.

Heather of the EO said...

Welcome back. I love it that you had a great time!

Cheryl said...

Glad you had a great time. Welcome back. :-)

M said...

Glad you had a good time. Call me while you're folding!

Allen Enterprises said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Glad you made it back! Hope the car ride wasn't too bad! Miss you guys already...can't seem to find a PIT program here yet! I'll be thinking about you guys next week!

heidi said...

Woohooo!! How can I not love hearing what a great time you had???