Friday, January 9, 2009

His first Sit In

I am convinced he is going to be an activist after this one. Today was our first sit in at the store. As in I wanted his little diapered butt to walk to the car and he wanted to, well, lay his little limp diapered butt in the middle of the checkout lane and pretend to be dead.

My only wonder is what was he protesting?
Was he channeling his father and protesting the fact that I didn't bring my 40% off coupon to Michael's and still bought a bunch of crap anyway?

Or maybe it was the fact that I wouldn't let him hold his beloved "Dodo" (Diego) candle for his birthday party that we purchased.

Perhaps it was the fact that I made him look at "girly" things with me and being surrounded by ribbons, and flowers just sent him right over the edge and challenged his manhood.

Whatever it was, the child nearly got stepped on 3 times while I patiently waited for him to drag himself off the floor. My hands were full of the bags and I did not want to set down my "score" of a 70% off ceramic Christmas angel and have it get broken, that would be just awful. But finally, I couldn't stand it and I felt that his protest was done, I scraped him off the nasty tile, poured a bottle of Purell on his head and dashed out with my loot.

I am imagining that it could be worse, I guess he could have been screaming, but I think he saves that up for the grocery store.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Wanna know how I stopped the screaming at the grocery store forevah? I know you do. You know the chairs by the pharmacy up front where everyone can see them? I told my daughter they were for bad kids for timeout. And yes siree, I sat her there for screaming once while I perused the cold aisle (don't worry I could still see her). That's all it took. My other daughter? Never cried in the grocery store. Damn, how come I didn't get 2 like that?!

Jean said...

It's for sure a man thing. They start early ya know.

themommykelly said...

Well, girls are no better, methinks! Hope you enjoyed a nice strong drink after their bedtime tonight!

Cammie said...

ahhhhhh, limp noodle babies.....right up there with 2x4 babies....you know that one? When you try and get them in their carseat and they go stiff as a board so and you have to shove them down to buckle them in? That one is my personal favorite

heidi said...

Oh holy crap - I forgot what I was gonna say after I read Cammie's comment. That irritates me to NO END. ANd everyone is staring at you like you're beatign the kid - you're not - but maybe you're thinking about it, eh? GRrr..

Uh...so...hmmm.

Bye? :-)

AnneYarbs79 said...

I used to be that mom was like, "Jeez lady- get control of your kid already!" and then I had LUKE.

Another reason why we are twins: He too had a total meltdown at MICHEALS, over a BIRTHDAY CANDLE (his was Wall-E)- only rather than throwing himself on the floor, he systematically threw everything out of my basket. And I was 9 months pregnant trying to pick it all up without loosing my balance or fainting from bending over repeatedly. NIGHTMARE!

Patrice said...

LOL! too funny! He is an activist in the making!

Alicia said...

LOL!!! Oh my gosh! I can totally picture it!

sheila said...

I'm soooo glad those days are over. lol. All parents know what's happening, so to do what you did is good. Makes you even more exhausted though, doesn't it?

Melanie said...

Sounds like something my hubby would do- so I'm pretty sure it's a man thing. He's been known to lay down and play dead to avoid anymore shopping.

Ali said...

I agree with Cammie! The car seat coniption fit is the worst!