Friday, December 5, 2008

Stop the presses

I have been waiting exactly 1 year, 11 months and 8 days to hear:


LOVE YOU from my son.

I have waited and waited patiently to hear those words come out of his mouth. And just a couple of minutes ago, in the middle of a tickle fest, eat on your neck, gosh I love you so much kid, moment. Out it popped from my mouth and instantly, out it popped from his mouth. Is there anything so precious as hearing your sweet baby say those words to you for the first time?

This is the kid that gets my blood pressure up in public from all of his antics, tantrums, and escape routes. This is the kid who has marked on my walls more than I can count. This is the kid that just broke a very dear and irreplaceable Christmas decoration.

But

This is the kid who just told me he loved me. Isn't he the most precious thing in the world?

15 comments:

digs said...

soooo cute! so i'm all recovered, when are we meeting up??

Kameron said...

mine says it, but it sounds more like lu you and I'm sure he doesn't know what it means! Yeah for you and your crazy (mine is too) little boy!

Nikki B. said...

a breakthrough...for him, i mean!!! you see...now he'll learn to use it against you. when jack senses that my blood pressure has risen and sees that my teeth are clenched and my face is red with anger...rather than brace himself for the sewage that is about to spill from my mouth...he'll say, "i love you, mom." how can i yell at a little person who i created after he says that! oh, heidi...he's got you right where he wants you!!

Jillene said...

IT'S THE BEST THING EVER!!

Abby said...

How sweet. I am still waiting for that!

Alicia said...

YES!! It is the best!!!!

Heidi said...

I agree that it is awesome to hear that from our little ones....but they do learn quickly how to use it to their advantage. It is so hard to stay angry at the cute little kiddo smiling at you and telling you "I love you Mommy". Rebecca also says "Mommy, you're my best friend". Too cute.

Kristi said...

That is so precious! Why is it that kids LOVED to be tickeled? I personally can not stand it, but my boys could be tickeled non stop. My son is 18 months, so we are just wondering when he'll start saying anything other than daddy, mama, nana...ya know..the couple words.

Keli said...

Don't you just love that?!!! And you can't meet up with Digs w/out me! LOL!

Heather of the EO said...

There's nothing better.

Ali said...

I love that! My 4 yr old says it all the time and my 6 yr old says it every now and then. Music to my ears!

Kim N said...

That is great! That is a wonderful feeling when they say it for the first time. I had to wait almost four years for my oldest daughter to tell me she loved me and it made me cry. I had waited a long time!

M said...

He is. Gilly has started coming over to me and going, "Mommy, I really like you." And you know what? I figure she HAS to love me, but like me? That's a bonus. :)

Heather said...

Oh yay!!!! Does it REALLY take that long? Sheesh. I'm just waiting for the day Aidan says, "Mama" while actually looking at me, or at least looking happy (he always looks like he's about the wail!).

Now let's see if he'll say it to you again... : ) Probably just after he's been naughty. heehee

Michelle said...

Aawwww...words to melt a mom's heart!