Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Made in China

OK, so I am laying in bed this morning with my 6 year old daughter and we are talking about surgery. (Isn't that what you talk to your kids about at 8am? No? Oh, well, we evidently do.) So she says if she gets cut on by a Dr. she's going to (to quote her) "DIEEEEEEEE!"


Now, no one is getting surgery, we're just talking about it because she has a ganglion cyst on her wrist that we have the option of getting removed if we want to. We don't.

I tell her about my C-section and if I didn't have the surgery then I wouldn't have her or her brother. Then I think, well, this is a good opener to talk about where MOST babies come from. We seem to skip right over those things. (I am my mother's child) In our family we call it a bottom. The whole thing, just a bottom. Or if we are getting scientific, we call it "girl parts."

So I take the plunge and ask her if she wants to know the REAL name for her girl parts. She puts her hands over her ears and starts giggling. So I tell her it's a really funny name. (At this time, I'm even embarrassed, I just am... amazing I even had kids of my own because I am squeamish about these things.) So I tell her, I'll say it & then we can giggle about how funny it is together.

Me: Vagina.... heheheheheh, hahahaha, hohohohohohh

Her: Va-Nina? Giggle giggle giggle

Me: No babe, Vagina. giggle giggle

Her: Va-China? giggle giggle.

Me: BAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAAA

Her: Like, Made in China?

Me: Exactly, your girl parts where made in China.

Her: OK, well, let's get up and get breakfast.

16 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a funny conversation!

Nikki B. said...

so funny!

i don't know why those conversations are so hard to have. my boys call it a 'china'..."lily, lookout...he's going to hit you in your china!"

foreign and fragile...a perfect name for a vagina!!

Kameron said...

Oh how I look forward to these hilarious conversations!!!

Cammie said...

that is awesome. we go with girly bits in my house. as a fellow c-section mommy I will never have to lie to my kids about where they came from....they cut you out of mommy's belly....I will let my daughter hear the truth from her friends. HA

3 Men and Jen said...

Oh my gosh, I have two boys and we call them "man parts". They are 4 & 7 so I have time until "the talk". We are living overseas and they are in private schools so there isn't much potty talk yet...

Jillene said...

I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!!

Alicia said...

What? So, I am not from China?????

LOL!!

Patrice said...

LOL!! Too funny! I love it!

Mrs B said...

I am so dreading this conversation...but at least now I have a direction. :)

Thanks for sharing.

MomOf3 said...

This was so funny! :)

ohhollyf said...

LOL !

M said...

Nice. And I'M the one losing it?! :)

Jill said...

LOVE IT!
Too cute! LOL!

sheila said...

That's hysterical! lol!!!!!!!!!!
Great conversation!

OH! Great flower in your ww too. I DO miss flowers!

amanda said...

that is hilarious! can't wait til my three girlies start asking. but i guess i've already done it a bit. i was always embarrassed growing up talking about things like that so i have vowed to raise non-embarrassed girls. so my then two year old once said "mom my gina itches". wanna see someones face get red! yep my husband. he is so embarrassed by amelya saying 'gina' lol. and now we have a boy in the mix...and it's my hubbys job to share all that fun stuff with him...he he he

solo nicole said...

hahahahaha!!!!! made in china, that's what i'm going to call it!