Friday, December 19, 2008

I won't do it!

I refuse...

I will not do it no matter what...

I will NOT make you cry, sigh, or get misty eyed this holiday season.

I am reading some of the most gut wrenching, reflective, heart breaking stories out there. I am bawling my eyes out and wanting to jump on several planes to just come give you people hugs. I just can't do it. I am always the comic relief in my family. I will "strip down naked and run through the Cotton Bowl," before I will make you cry. (LONG family story, but has been said on more than one occasion, and the fact that I will BE at the Cotton Bowl on Jan. 2, means I might just have to make it come true. So if you see a fat, naked lady running around on your husband's football game on that day, It's me! I must have needed to make someone laugh.

Others of you are so reflective of the blessing you have in your life. I too am reflecting and doing a bit of crying on my own, and I love hearing your stories and thoughts of gratitude. But again, I think my role should just be the opposite. I think we all need a break from making ourselves OVERLY emotional.

With that said, a disclaimer: I love each and every one of your blogs and posts, I love that you put yourselves out there, and sharing it with me. I just wanted you to know that if you think your emotional cup is overflowing, come see me, I promise to only make you laugh. Or make you count your blessings you don't have the same crazy kids I do.

nudesanta
He will be running Naked with me! Ho ho ho!


I refuse to take credit for the pic.

13 comments:

Nikki B. said...

wow! he's hot!

Jean said...

That's all we ever ask from you Heidi! We wouldn't expect anything less.
Awesome that your going to the Cotton Bowl, since you'd be so close and all.

tollesons4him said...

Ok i will be watching the cotton bowl just to see if you go through with it. :)

Jessie said...

Thank you so much for the laugh! It's funny I just wrote one of those reflective posts that you were talking about. But I promise to share a funny Christmas story too!

Alicia said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Patrice said...

LOL! You crack me up!! Can't wait to see you at the cotton bowl.. that should be comic relief at it's best!! haha

Kameron said...

Looks like Santa is a farmer in the off season...who knew?? ;o)

Nicole said...

Woot woot! He's not my type though :)

Mrs B said...

You always make me feel better. Even on those days that suck! Thanks for always commenting and giving me a smile. I love your blog and I can't wait to hear all about Diego.

By the way, Belle was sitting on my lap as I scrolled down you page. She says, "Oh look...its Christmas!" I am not sure what Christmas she has been going to! Good grief!

Angela said...

Smiles are so important.

I think that is a great gift you have

JenLive! said...

roflmao!

That definitely beats my photo of Santa on his cell phone at the mall!

I've been avoiding the tear-jerkers myself. Just can't stomach it with all I'm going through.

Kristi said...

Ho Ho Hottie! I was SO not expecting that. I love that when that happens. Thanks for the nightmares I'll have tonight. "Visions of sugarplums" will never be the same when I listen to that song...yikes!

heidi said...

Oh no you didn't! LOL

I'm always the one trying to make people laugh, too. Laughter IS the best medicine.