Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Check Mate

So this is how it goes down in my house.

Scene:
The family has just finished dinner (supper if you are from the south) and hubby starts handing the plastic kid plates to my son to put in the sink. Y'all know how I roll in the whole chores thing, so I was pleased. Then I see the brilliant guy hand the 2 year old (not even 2 year old yet) a dinner bowl. As in glass. As in what the %#$# are you thinking?

I clear my throat, give the stink eye and even start to speak about such act. Husband assures me that it will be fine. (Meanwhile my head is about to explode from past experience of knowing the kid can't reach the sink & lob that thing over the edge like a grenade.)

I turn my back and BOOM!!!! The glass goes flying into the sink & breaks into pieces. The stink eye turns into the, "I don't know who's bed you are sleeping in tonight, but it ain't mine," look. He then smiles and says, "I was trying to teach him. Think how much better I would be if someone would have taken the time with me." *HUGE GRIN* Knowing that he had just sunk my battleship. I can't protest that idea in the least. The man is getting good at our "chess match" of a marriage. Check & check mate honey.

15 comments:

sheila said...

Such a man. Tell him to 'teach him' with plastic. lol

Alicia said...

Okay..hubby got out of that one real fast!! That was a good one!!!! LOL

Jennifer said...

OH NO! lol. good post.

Jillene said...

I hate when they get the beter of us--HATE it!! (0;

Jean said...

oooh how dare he try to cover himself with a teaching lesson response. I agree with Sheila, teach em with plastic.
I hope he cleaned up the mess.

M said...

Such a funny, funny man.

Kameron said...

He's quick on his feet! He had to come up with that in order to save face!

blessedmomto7 said...

OH! I hate it when that happens-sounds very similar to something my sweetie would say :) Love your blog header!! GO WINE GO!

Melanie said...

So did he get to sleep in your bed after that?

dani c said...

I'm so jealous..You still have glassware ?

Mother Goose said...

i love it! you married smart!

Angela said...

And I am sure he cleaned that up.

Every time Gregory puts a glass in the sink I cringe praying it won't break. So far so good

Kellan said...

That hubby is funny - tee hee! Sorry about the broken glass!

Have a good week - Kellan

Lishak said...

LOL...he must like buying you new dishes!

Alicia said...

Oh, that was a good line. Sounds like he thought that whole scenario all the way through.