Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What would you be?

So laying in bed the other night I came up with this question. Do you ever do that, lay in bed and have all kind of random thoughts? I never think about my to do list, or worry about tomorrow, I just lay there with all the crazy thoughts swimming around in my fishbowl of a head. This is my latest.

If you were a book in a bookstore, what section would you be in right now?

Here's my answer: Self Help section.

Lately I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed with life. Almost like I am paralized from actually accomplishing my goals. It's not depression or anything, and I don't have too much on my plate, it's just that I... I don't know.... I just think I would be in the self help section.

OK, I am going to sit up from the therapist's couch right now & ask you what section would you be in. What are you preoccupied with? Is it the Romance Novels? Photography? Cooking? Parenting? Children's Section? Technology? Where do you see yourself.

15 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

I would have to say I would either be in the sports section, looking up better ways to teach my students swimming or in the romance/fantasy section trying to buy the other 3 Twilight books. (or would that be teen section.)

Thanks for visiting my blog! Feel free to look around and come back for more!

Nikki B. said...

good luck with your situation...hope you can come up with a good compromise!!

alright...i'm thinking the psychology section...i'm taking a psych course right now and i'm way into it.

that or the new age, section.

i want to be a polymath...i heard the word for the first time on a lecture we watched for my course...and my goal is to learn as much as i can about as many things/places/people as i can in my life!!

Jillene said...

I would be in th Crime/Murder/Mystery section. That's my cup of tea!!

Keli said...

Definitely the Chick Lit! : )

Kristen Andrews said...

the magazine section, w/ a latte.

dani c said...

I would be in the " need mental stability section" if they had one.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Right now I would be in the Holiday Section of the bookstore...I am getting all geared up for the fast approaching holidays. Interesting thought to ponder!

Ali said...

Is there a financial section? I'm way too preoccupied with trying to get our finances in order and our budget under control.

HS said...

The DOG section!! especially golden retrievers, best dogs in the world!!

Heather of the EO said...

Fiction. I could just stand in the fiction section for HOURS, reading all the titles. I love me a good made up escape story.

and yes, I spend many a night with my fish bowl head full of questions and ponders.

Like, is ponders a word? I'm going to wonder that later. In my bed.

Melanie said...

Definitely fiction- so that I wouldn't have to deal with real life.


http://livinwithme.com

heidi said...

A joke book. Or fictional Humor. Or humorous fiction. Or even humorous/funny non-fiction.

So, uh, something funny.

Or one of those Ripley's believ eit or not books.

Or a tell all - how scandalous would THAT be?!?!

Ok. I'm all done now. Honest.

Kim N said...

The kid section, but without my kids. Is that bad? I love children's books but sometimes the never ending questions I get when I read them to my kids just about drives me up the wall.

April said...

I really like this post. What a fun question to ponder. Let's see, I think I'd be in the Holiday Decor section. I'm ready to decorate. I compleletly skipped Halloween/Thanksgiving/Fall decorations and my son is protesting loudly. So I am geared for Christmas decorating!

MightyMom said...

comics....definitely the comics section!!