Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Presents: Come out come out where ever you are!

As Black Friday approaches I am left to ponder, "What to do with all the presents?" My daughter is now at the sneaky, let me see them, I will find them, where are they? age of 6. This means that I have to step up my game. Even if she did get half my brain cells when she was born, I will outsmart her on this one. I hope. And that's why I have you lovely people, my army of mothers. Where, oh where do I hide these toys? I have car ramps that won't stop beeping, a scooter, a vacuum, elefun games and toy laptops. Why can't I just buy her paper dolls and be done with it?

But I have all this junk, not to mention a HUGE train table in a box in the garage that Santa left here. What if she reads the box. Damn the public school system for teaching them to read!

Now, keep in mind, when you give me advice, know that my daughter took half my brain cells and my son took another fourth. If you get too clever, I will forget. Oh, that reminds me, some of the toys are under my bathroom sink behind the TP. Just in case I forget & ask you guys where I hid it.

___________________________________________________________________________________

On a completely separate note, I just want to thank Kristen @ We are THAT family for the great $25 gift certificate I won. I got some awesome stuff from LynLivy's ArtHouse!

15 comments:

Rebekah said...

We hide our presents in the attic and it is such a pain to get up there, the kids would never be able to do it.

Which makes me think of Clark Griswald- here's hoping we dont forget presents up there OR fall through the ceiling.

Alicia said...

Unfortunately, I do not have an attic or a basement or a garage. However, I DO have a high four-poster bed and plenty of family living close by. I hide most of their presents under my bed and then put more junk under there so they won't see it. For the really big stuff that won't fit under there--like the bean bag chairs that my girls have asked Santa for--I am hiding those at my MIL's house. I also have lots of closet and cabinet space. But I don't usually put stuff in there because I have 3 children, which means I have NO brain cells left. Therefore, I will forget. Happy hiding!

Heidi said...

During the whole year, I have several large bins in a closet in my room. They just have misc. junk in them and clothes the kids have outgrown. As I pick up Christmas items, they go into these bins and the other stuff gets stacked elsewhere. This way there is nothing "new" in my room they feel they need to inspect. I also keep some of the outgrown clothes for the top layer...just in case.

Nikki B. said...

Hide them in the attic...if they kids hear you...they think it's Santa on the roof! Beautiful, right? My daughter tells the story ALL THE TIME...about her hearing Santa on the roof one year. The attic was directly above her room...isn't that adorable. Her noisy parents clodding around in the attic and the naive little dear thinks it's Santa...well, technically, it was! Works for us!

Jillene said...

We hide our presents in my parents garage. The kids aren't allowed in there because my dad has two fully restored Mustangs in there!!

Jean said...

I was one of those sneaky kids that always found my presents-the trunk of the car. One year they hid them in the guest room shower.
I have no advice other than like someone mentioned if Santa can stow the stuff at the in laws. The bathroom cabinet is a nice touch though!

Nicole said...

we put our stuff in the shed in the back yard!!!! They have yet to figure that one out.

Karen said...

First I kind of hate you for already having so much bought.
Okay, the attic is always good. A tarp over the box in the garage has worked many times. But the best was the year I put everything in a big box in my neighbors garage! Genius I tell you! Hope that gives you some options.

heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
heidi said...

Oh yay! You won! Awesome.

How come your daughter got 1/2 your brain cells and your son only got 1/4? Are you being sexist?

One time Cara was standing on legos in the bathtub. Whatever. I told her to knock it off or she would fall down and crack her head open and all her brains would fall out. She said, "Then will I be a boy, mommy?"

We hide the presents in our closet and have told the girls that if they go looking for them and FIND them, they'll disappear. The presents, not the girls. We're not in the mob or anything.

Lana said...

Mine are hidden at my mom's house!

MomOf3 said...

I have used several hiding places through the years: the attic, the trunk of my car, my closet, our office upstairs which I then keep locked (great for bikes!). If you have relatives in town, you can ask them to keep big things. My husband has taken things to his office. I hope this helps!

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia - I came here from Corey's blog.

Bonnie said...

I have used my suitcases and I keep boxes and put the presents in there.

Keli said...

Girl, I am so sorry I'm so behind in commenting! My gifts are still in the trunk of my car from Black Friday shopping! Ha! Not very safe! I used to hide them in the very top of the closet, last year I took them to Dads, this year to lazy to even get them out of the trunk!