Monday, November 10, 2008

Damn it Dora!

Damn it Dora! Your codependent attitude is getting the better of you. I mean, it's fine to ask for my help every once in a while, but everyday? Come on girl! I know you can climb over Chocolate Mountain without my pulling along right beside you. I have work to do, I just can't be expected to just drop everything for you. I can't be saving your butt from crocodile lake every time you want to go scampering off into the woods with that silly monkey. And why does your mother let you go running off all the time? I sure as heck know that if she knew how many times you got in trouble and needed my help, she would think twice about all the responsibility she gives you. No more baskets to Grandma's house or parades at La Fiesta. I just can't be there for you everyday girl, somehow you are either going to have to get yourself together and figure it out on your own, or else just go home and play solitaire or something. I can't do it, it's too much and I am going to have to cut the stings here.

And seriously, clean out that backpack. There are all kinds of crap stored in there. Skateboards, suckers, juice bottles, mittens... It's ridiculous and you are going to throw your back out. It seriously makes me think what your room must look like. Maybe you should just go home and take care of that instead of getting into trouble. That sneaky fox wouldn't be after you all the time if you weren't carrying Wal-Mart on your back.

Oh, and when we do get to the end of our little escapades... Don't scream, "We did it." Dancing around like you had something to do with it. All you did was get us into trouble. Without me & that map, you would still be freezing on Snowy Mountain crying for me to come get you. YOU didn't do anything & I don't have the time to keep saving you. So cut it out and leave me alone, I have laundry to get to.

26 comments:

sheila said...

Oh I'm so glad my kids are too old for Dora. I was stuck with the Barney phase.

Nicole said...

I would take Dora over annoying Thomas the Train ANYDAY!

Melissa said...

LOL- Loved it. Katelyn is sooo into Dora right now and she drives me KRAZY!!

ali said...

Lol! Everytime I try to play along with Dora my boys tell me "It's just on TV!"

Heidi Zawisza said...

Wow!!! Do I smell a little therapy session in the near future??....I'm just sayin'.......

Kameron said...

Come on vamanos! Everybody let's go! Where are we going? Crazy town! Where are we going? Crazytown!

Just teasing. That show drives me nuts. My hubby started watching it with my son and got mad that I kept calling the fox Stealer. "It's Swiper, not Stealer!" Who cares, it's still annoying!

Alicia said...

Hahahhahaha!!!

Pregalicious said...

Amen sister! And Dora honey, could you please stop YELLING?!? I hear you already!

The Mom said...

lol, i love the backpack cleaning part!

Kristin.... said...

Dora is a packrat with a bad sense of direction and a really annoying voice. Amen.

Jill said...

I am laughing myself to death right now! You are too funny my friend! My favorite part was the backpack!

Brandy said...

Hallelujah!!! Hallelujah! I hate Dora!

Kristi said...

Bwahahhahhahah! I can not tell you how this made me laugh. It could not have come at a time when I needed a good laugh more! I loved this...it is SO true! Thank you girl for the hearty laugh today.

heidi said...

Holy SNAP that was funny!!!

Heidi said...

That was so hilarious. Rebecca has been into Dora for so long and Jaquelyn before her so we have been a Dora household for over 7 years. But at least it's not Barney. I DON'T like Barney...we have always lived in a Barney-free household.

Heidi said...

I thought I was hearing things because of the post but then I realized...both girls are playing on the computer in the other room...a DORA game. Just as I published my post, that annoying noise from the fiesta trio played. Freaky timing.

Mother Goose said...

rofl, oh i love dora! LOL
it reminds me when my daughter was 3, she was watching dora and this flower was going up and down.Dora was saying either up or down in spanish.

Sweetheart keeps screaming a butthole, a butthole. what the heck?? So, I watch it, yeah it sounds like a butthole!
abajo (uh-bah-ho)
yep! LOL

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

So funny! I have never really thought about it that much but I think you are on to something. Where would Dora be without all of us! Carter will watch our Dora DVDs and participate just as if he had never seen them before. It is funny.

Shanna said...

That was great! Got one on Diego?

Just me said...

Oh that was great! One of my twins is *SO* into Dora! Actually all of my children will watch Dora as long as I don't tell their friends;) LOL It's cute:)

Shannon (muzbeecrazy.com) said...

Hilarious! She drives me nuts because she is constantly yelling and she never asks nicely!

Mee2 said...

All of my kids were in love with Dora. She's been a regular in my home for about 6 years now (somewheres in there). I much prefer her over her cousin, Diego.

Nutty mom-- said...

That's hillarious, and why my daughter only gets to watch curious george (at least he can't talk). Oh, and my nieces first word was si (as in "yes") because she watched WAY too much dora (she's not hispanic and her parents don't speak spanish)

Crystal said...

Oh my, I was linked to this and I just have to say its hilarious and oh so true lol!

Cary said...

THIS IS MY FAVORITE POST OF ALL TIME!!!!!! I love it!

Cary said...

Oh- I should tell you this- you'll get a kick out of it. There are a lot of Spanish migrant workers that live in our tiny town, so it is common to hear both spanish and english when you are out and about. Char and I were in the grocery store monday night and we kept passing the same spanish family and SHE STARTED TRYING TO TALK TO THEM IN SPANISH. (she is the almost 4 year old). Yep- out loud she screams- "Mommy- they talk just like Dora!" And she looks at them and says some spanish words and then leans in and says "do you know what that means?" They were nice and just laughed- I WAS HORRIFIED.