Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And the winner is...

So our election night started out with everyone writing their campaign slogans and creating posters. I have to show you Dad's poster, but let me tell you, it was not the best, but the other's have names on them and you know how he feels about anyone cyber stealing his kids if they ever find out their names... so you get to see his poster.


Then we got the TV festive for the evening, in hopes of everyone being so excited that they don't care that cartoons aren't on. It totally worked, thank goodness.



Our ballots were not nearly as fancy at the ones at the polls, but hey, they got the job done. Again, names are covered up to protect the innocent.


And when it came time to vote, we went into the very sanitary voting booth, the bathroom. Very humbling to vote in the crapper.


And the winner is...... We each picked a different place to eat, so Madam President got to decide. McDonald's it was.


Vice President was an historical moment as it went to the only 4 legged creature in the house.


The greatest moment in her presidency was when she was eating her Red & Blue sprinkle ice cream and sharing it with her brother. She actually decided that she had been president long enough and wanted him to have a turn. Sharing the power, what a new concept.

16 comments:

ali said...

What a great idea! I think my family should vote on what to have for dinnner every night just so I don't have to be the one to decide all the time!

Keli said...

I love that you did this!!! Very creative! And yay for your daughter for sharing the limelight!

K and/or K said...

A black VP! Progress everywhere this week!

Junita said...

I don't know that voting would work in my house, we live in a dictatorship governed by a six month old.....your blog makes me giggle.

He And Me + 3 said...

How fun! Something for the scrapbook! What a great idea...just wish I had thought of it. LOL

Kameron said...

That's great! Again, I will definitely be borrowing that idea when mine are old enough to play!

tollesons4him said...

How fun and how exciting for the family. I think we need to do this at our house for dinner.

Alicia said...

That's wonderful! I'm going to have to try this w/ my kids!!

Nicole said...

If my family voted on dinner I would be stuck making salmon, rice and corn!!! When I ask them what they want for dinner I get that answer EVERY night!

Heidi said...

Is it just me, or did I do the worst photography job ever? I will never get my new camera if I keep taking these kind of pictures.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Your night looked like so much fun! Glad to hear that it went so well.

Pregalicious said...

that is so cute!!!

Mc Allen said...

awww, so sweet!! Look at her sharing, can she come over and teach my girls that? hehehe! Precious pics! :) LA

Mother Goose said...

great idea! Very creative and good.

Just me said...

What a cool idea! My kids would love this! We'll have to try this for dinners. Thanks for sharing:)

Just me said...

What a cool idea! My kids would love this! We'll have to try this for dinners. Thanks for sharing:)