Monday, October 20, 2008

Who's the Boss?

Out of the mouths of babes....

Every Sunday morning my family has a routine. I shower & get dressed while my husband watches the kids. Then he showers while I get my daughter dressed and I watch our youngest too. I teach Sunday School (Yeah, can you imagine, me and Sunday School, with all you know about me?) so I have to leave an hour before he does in the mornings and if he doesn't shower before I leave it's nearly impossible to do it and watch the 22 month old.

So yesterday I was finished getting dressed and was getting my daughter dressed. No Dad. He's playing on the computer (go figure, there are two of us addicted to it in this house.) So I scream downstairs to him to get upstairs and shower. (meaning to hurry so I won't be gone, not to sound like his mother, which I couldn't do if I tried, but that's a whole other post.) I turn around and my daughter has this confused look on her face. Her words: "Mommy, are you the boss of Daddy?" Before I could answer due to laughing convulsions, my husband says in a very defeated voice, "Yes honey, yes she is."

Bossy much?

16 comments:

Rebekah said...

lol- yes, out of the mouths of Babes.

My 4 year old tell the 2 year old, "Im the boss of you, unless Mommy is around" To which my 2 yr old says, "No. Im the boss"

Somedays I wish they could be the boss and I could be the carefree kid

Heidi Zawisza said...

Yep. Definitely bff's for a good logical reason. Man, I'm good at pickin' em!

Mrs. S said...

That's great. I love this. Well...aren't all mommies?

Nicole said...

somebody's got to be the boss!

Pregalicious said...

your husband rocks!

The Mom said...

Smart, smart girl!

Melissa said...

Of course your the boss!!! Smart kid! LOL

tollesons4him said...

That is hilarious and hey your hubby knows it and even agreed to it woohoo for you!!

Karen said...

Ahh, you have raised him well.

Alicia said...

Your stories are too funny!! I can just picture the entire scenario! Thank you for your humor!!! Love it!

Kristi said...

That is awesome! Kids never lie...and they are so perceptive! I loved this.

The White House said...

How funny! I have been reading through some of your past posts and they are hilarious. It sounds like y'all are having a hoot with your fun kids.

heidi said...

Nice!

As the boss do you get to designate your own days off? Vacation days? Sick pay?

Patrice said...

LOL!! Too funny! I don't think it's that way in my house.. my dad is definitely the boss, but my mom is the boss of my sister and I so it evens out!

sheila said...

Just started following your blog. I was alittle leary as you mentioned you were a sunday school teacher. (I wouldn't want to offend you should you ever visit me. Sometimes I have that affect)

Anyhow, luuuuv the post about being the boss! It's great everyone knows their place! Thats what I always say! LOL

You have a really cute blog. (hope your eye is alright! LOL)

Mother Goose said...

roflrofl, gotta love a man who knows his place!