Sunday, September 21, 2008

What we should have done...

We should have spend the weekend cutting the grass.

Or doing the laundry.

Or even cleaning up the toys.

But after my last post and my need to stop and enjoy, we spend the weekend doing nothing but enjoying ourselves. We spent Friday night feeding the ducks and playing at the park.



On Saturday we went to Krispy Kreme for Breakfast. Then to my daughter's soccer game. After that we ate at a local restaurant that makes their own beer. (Little parent fun there!) and hit the local candy shop downtown.


And if that wasn't enough, we went for a walk on some trails where we walked on logs and tried to catch the falling leaves.




To finish up our big weekend, we went to Howl Night at the Wolf Park. All the wolves come up to the fence and you can howl back at them and then finish up with a marshmallow roast. Life doesn't get any better! Well, maybe wine would have made it better, but not much.

The grass, laundry and toys will all be there tomorrow, but I will have my memories or a wonderful weekend to get me though another week.

10 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

That sounds like a great weekend!

I have always wanted to howl with the wolves...

Bonnie said...

Good for you! I wish I knew when to stop and "smell the flowers!"

Jill said...

Good on you for getting away from it all! You deserve it... y'all look like you had so much fun!!

Pregalicious said...

yay! sounds like a perfect weekend! that's what you'll remember years from now...not laundry or grass!

M said...

You totally rock. I miss you!

heidi said...

Sounds fabulous! I'm glad you got on a different ride for awhile.

Channah said...

What a great weekend! That sounds perfect!

SITS Girls said...

That sounds like an AWESOME weekend.

Wolf park... so cool!

Kim N said...

That sounds perfect.

Michelle said...

those are the best kind of days - forget about the housework and just have fun enjoying each other!