Friday, September 12, 2008

No Rest for the Weary

Let me set the stage for you:

It's 3:13am- Let me repeat that 3:13 AM! I awake to a faint sound, that little sound of a child up. That sound that makes you regret the sex you had that would ultimately lead to something waking you up at 3:13 am.

So I get out of bed, reluctantly I might add, ready to tell the 20 month old little snot-head that it is REALLY not time to get up, like I do pretty much every night by going to his door & telling him to go back to bed. I pull the sheets over him and we are good to go until around 6:30 am.

Only this time, I spot it.... the baby gate that is suppose to cage our small animal of a child in his room. It's laying on the floor. And the search is on!

I am looking everywhere, his sister's room... no go.
The guest room... nope
The bathroom... unt uh

That covers the upstairs.
Holy Crap the turd is downstairs!

Where did I find him? Dunt da da da:::: STUCK standing up in his high chair screaming "Nack Nack." (Snack)

Now when you add that to my post earlier this week, it really scares the pants off of one already paranoid mom! Or that he was pulling stuff like this long ago, it's only bound to get worse. I may never sleep again! So this weekend Dad gets to be Handy Manny and install locks and gates and bungee cords and duct tape where needed to keep our little run away safe.

11 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh my goodness. That is so scary! It sounds like you're taking the necessary actions to keep him safe in the future though. Good for you. (Just watched Nanny 911 where the parents were so not concerned about safety that it scared me.)

I can't remember if I told you about things my mom did with my sister to keep her in the house. Seems like I have. You do what you have to do.

heidi said...

Oh my gosh LOL I'm sorry for laughing at you but it IS funny - yk, cause it's not me this time? Right.

That would've freaked me right out. Yes indeedy it would have.

Melissa said...

Oh. my. god. That is too funny. my kids would be too scared to venture downstairs! I guess he was really hungry!!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Oh bless you...

Busymama Kellie said...

That's so funny..because it's not my child! Sorry. My friend has the same problem with her son. He's a total escape artist and she is all out of ideas.

Bonnie said...

Duct tape can work wonders. I never believed people when they tell me these stories...thinking the little one cannot be THAT bad. Then one day I saw a friend's child in action...I am now BELIEVER.

dani c said...

Oh God...good luck...I swear they turn into little magicians that make you turn gray...
Oh P.S. your not the only one that had a hard time with my site URL. If you want you can give this one a try.
http://www.momscrazylife.com-a.googlepages.com/
Thank you....

Angela said...

Well I gueess you can't blame him for being hungry.

Kristin.... said...

One of my twins figured out how to get out of the crib at naptime a couple of weeks ago. I was ready to baricade the room (she's only 20 months!). Luckily, she seems to have forgotten and/or it scared the bejesus out of her....

Pregalicious said...

shock collar?

Melanie said...

That is soooo scary! My daughter doesn't do that mostly because she's asleep in our bed. Ugh.

http://livinwithme.com