Thursday, September 11, 2008

I hear angels singing a happy tune

Shhhh! Do you hear that? It's the Angels of Peace and Serenity. If you don't hear them, you may just not have the blessings that I have just been honored with. Yes, my son, the light of my life (besides my other child, husband, parents, sisters, nephews, nieces....) just discovered....

wait for it,

wait for it

CARS the movie! Oh yeah, the heavens are smiling upon me today! He is mesmerized like aliens have sucked his brains right out of his head. Now I know the mature, responsible mother would say, "But isn't TV bad for your child? Do you really think that he should be watching 116 minutes of mindless television?" My answer is Si, Oui, Ja, Jes, Ndiyo, Haa'n... and any other language you can think of to say YES!!!! I think that my sanity is totally worth the damage that may occur to his brain. So thank you angels of Peace and Serenity, I will forever be grateful for these moments of solitude, and I promise to only hit repeat once, or twice, but definately not more that three times, promise.

10 comments:

Pregalicious said...

HAAAAAALELLUJAH! I see nothing wrong with the teachings of Pixar. Paint your nails, read a book, post a blog! You are free my child, free!

M said...

Woo Hoo! G LOVES that movie. OMG We could hang out for 116 minutes of peace now...IF you lived closer to me. :(

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Even small children need extended moments of mindless tv! A mind cannot go 100 miles an hour all the time...so sit back and enjoy that blessed sound of silence.

(In my house, we call this "TV Coma"!)

Suzie said...

I am so with you! Bless tv its wonderful mind numbing effects it has on my insane littles ones cant be beat. Go ahead press rewind I give you permission

Jill said...

That's us with any Princess movie. I'm not even ashamed to admit that I've been known to hit repeat several times... in the same day!

Chuckie said...

i'm with you sister. peace and serenity rules - no matter what the cost! *snort snort*

Kristin.... said...

Amen. Sometimes you just have to give in, for your sanity.

heidi said...

LOL With my first child I said "I will NOT let TV be the babysitter!" By the time the fourth got here I'm propping him in the bouncy chair to watch a little Thomas with his 2 year old brother so mommy can clean the kitchen. YAY for Tv. A mommy's gotta do what a mommy's gotta do.

Found you Via "Life with the Hunts".

Keli said...

Well, PTL! I have a cousin that is OBSESSED with that movie! He sleeps with Whitening McQueen every night! He's got it bad too! I say ENJOY!!

Kim N said...

I am jealous. At my kids ages it takes a lot of planning to get them all into a show at the same time because they can never agree on one movie. We have to put one upstairs, one downstairs, and one in their bed with the portable dvd player. If we can get the baby to nap during that time it is heaven!