Saturday, September 27, 2008

Color Me Tagged

So I was tagged by my blogging buddy Danielle @ Life with the Hewitt Family. Who, by the way is always giving great tips, ideas, and stories, you should check her out.

(I always use to be the kid who got tagged at school, but it was never this much fun... This does look like fun, so here it goes)

The rules of the tag are as follows:

1.Post the rules on your blog.
2.Write six random things about yourself.
3.Tag six people at the end of your post.
4. If you are tagged, JUST DO IT, and pass the tag along.

So here are my six random things that you might not know about me:

1. I hate twist ties. Can't stand them, they are off the bread instantly. Why do I need this stupid piece of plastic to twist and twist and twist. It just frustrates me.

2. I have two sisters that are twins. They are 3 years older than me and we spent our entire childhood playing 2 against 1, can you guess who the 1 was?

3. I have this total obsession with people that ride scooters. I don't want to get into it too much because I am already forming my post about scooters in my head, but I am obsessed and have to point them out to people in the car, even if it means interrupting them while they talk. I can't help it, I just have to.

4. I have a nightgown that I got at K Mart with my dad when I was 11 years old. It is a Texas Rangers nightshirt and I STILL wear it to bed. It is 21 years old and is now more like lingerie than a shirt because of the material rubbing.

5. I never had a middle name. My parents wanted my maiden name to become my middle name when I got married so they didn't give me one. Just plain old Heidi.

6. Famous People I know or have met: Janie Frickie lived in my hometown and I saw her at the Hot Pocket and at games.., I met Roger Staubech (Cowboy's quarterback) at a high school baseball game. Bart Millard, the singer of Mercy Me is my college roommate's husband. We lived together when they got engaged and it's neat to hear him on the radio, it always makes me think of her.

Now it's my turn to tag. (I love this version of tag because the old school way of chasing someone around the playground was just too tough for me, I could never catch someone.)

So here are the lucky winners:
1. Megan @ ToneyBabies (she takes some awesome pictures of her two precious girls!)
2. Kelly @ Kelly's Krew3. (Great Mother of twins! and an adorable boy. A new blogger so give her some love.)
4. Heidi @ Sacred and Profane (ha ha ha ha ha is all I have to say!)
5. Melanie @ Livin with Me (I could play around on her site all day, it's just got so many cool things to click on.)
6. Pregalicious @ Adventures of an East Coast Chick turned Midwest Mom (Oh my gosh, she tells the most interesting stories with pictures and videos, not to mention she's hilarious. Just a great 'pick me up' when you need one.

5 comments:

heidi said...

Ah ha!

http://heidisacredandprofane.blogspot.com/2008/09/tag-im-it.html

Patrice said...

lol! This a great list! The twisty tie thing bugs me too! And that's so cool your college roommate's husband is on the radio now! Wow!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm so flattered my name is "everywhere" wow! I've heard your name before too and have been meaning to come over and check you out!

Melanie said...

What a fun list! I thin it's sooo cool that you know Bart Millard.

Thanks for tagging me too.

http://livinwithme.com

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Your list is great...I don't like those twisty ties either, mostly because my husband always leaves them on the counter alond with bread crubs.

Thanks for playing along!

Michelle said...

I've known a few people who don't have middle names (and one with just an initial) but not for the express reason of being able to use their maiden name for the middle name when they got married - talk about thinking ahead! :) So ... did you take your maiden name for your middle name? My best friend did that; mainly because she hated her middle name!