Monday, September 15, 2008

Bad 80's music to set the mood

Ain't nobody goin'a break my stride..
Ain't nobody going to slow me down...
Oh no, I got to keep on movin'
Ohhhh oh ohhhh!
(ok, people please tell me you are old enough to remember that song.)

Today is now declared a national holiday in my book. It was my son's first day at Stay and Play. Which translates to HE stays, I play! Oh yeah, 2.5 hours of bliss. I got an entire week's worth of errands ran in that short time:
1. Grocery store - check
2. Post office - double check
3. Library - crossed off
4. Good will - Done
5. Shop at Once Upon a Child - taken care of
Not to mention 2 loads of laundry, sort clothes in closet, and dishes.

AND!!! He had a great time and is now so tired he's ready for a nap!!!!!!! Life is good!

I am so happy, I am giddy!!!!!

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gotta love Matthew Wilder...lol. Congrats on the time alone.

Pregalicious said...

now i have that song in my head but i like it! congrats!

Kristin.... said...

Gosh yes, old enough!

Hooray for quiet time. I only got 2 down for naps today... sigh.

tollesons4him said...

I love any kind of 80's music and yes I do remember that song!! WOOHOO for the quiet time glad you got your errands ran and laundry done!! Now you can come do mine :)

heidi said...

That's awesome!!

I'll take THAT song over the last one that was playing on a blog I visited. It's a Small World? Yeah. Poison in my head, I tell ya.

Busymama Kellie said...

What happened to 6. Get manicure/pedicure and 7. Cocktails by the pool?

themommykelly said...

Oh no! That song is going to take root in my brain today! Aaaahhhh!

Congrats on the free time. Enjoy!

litanyofbritt said...

WOOT!! being a child of the 80's i'll have to thank? you for putting that song in my head for the rest of the day. glad you got your stuff done. sad that you had to waste your no kids on errands tho.

p.s.
did you want me to destroy their sweater?

litanyofbritt said...

p.p.s.
not your kids' sweaters. weezers sweater

litanyofbritt said...

i think i may be the only one on earth who hasn't seen that movie. i'll have to trick hub into watching it with me (like i did for sisterhood of the traveling pants-- but now he is always suspicious!)

JenLive! said...

Oh, Happy Day! Nothing like making a great day better by giving it an 80's theme song!

Keli said...

Woo Hooo! I'm a little behind in my blog reading! And now I'm singing too!