OK, question of the day: My friend just approached me to walk, (yes, walk, no running involved) in a mini marathon next May. I am debating: Here are the nitty gritty details so you can help me figure this out.
1. I am one of those people that goes to the gym 2-3 times a week, on a good week. Which means I haven't gone all summer. But I do go walking, um, sometimes.
2. I could certainly use the exercise and to lose a bit of weight. You know, that baby weight that has been hanging around for oh, 6 years.
3. I have 9 months to work on it and it may be great motivation. The biggest motivation is that if you go too slow, a bus will come pick you up. I promise, once I start I am NOT having a bus pick my sorry butt up because I couldn't hack it, that right there is enough reason for me to take it seriously and train. (that is if I decide to do it)
4. Great bonding with my friend while we train. There ain't nothing like two women who can't stop talking to get together for hours and walk it out.
5. I think it would be a wonderful role modeling moment for me to show my daughter, not to mention be really proud of myself.
But on the flip side:
TIME TIME TIME!
Earning My Punishments
6 hours ago