Friday, August 29, 2008





There are just too many of these to read so I am going to make my summer highlights short and sweet. I can't wait to everyone's summer on My Sizzling Summer Vacation Carnival. There are some great prizes, so if you haven't heard about it, head on over... but before you go, here's my adventure.

The kids (6 year old & 18 month old) and I took a trip back home, as in 15 hr. drive from Indiana to Texas to spend 3 weeks with family. Now, being smarter than I look, I did have my sister fly up and drive back with me to Texas. We did some sight seeing in Indianapolis, ate some sushi in Wichita Falls (totally don't recommend sushi drive through, but you probably already knew that was a bad idea. Some things I just have to find out for myself.) The trip there was pretty uneventful. Lots of Disney blaring in my ears, crumbs, dirty diapers, and a bit of crankiness we made it! Yeah! So here are my highlights of a family vacation (minus the hubby who had to stay home and work)

Highlights of our vacation:
1. Great time with my parents, sisters & their families. Chuck E. Cheese, lots of swimming, cook outs and a Hot Air Balloon Festival.
2. Floating down the Frio River (I was told this was a good time, after a few beers, you never know what you will do) ie: trying to put your foot behind your head while floating on an inner tube, it can be done, but it's not pretty.
3. Fabulous tan - if you overlook the tan lines on my feet.
4. Went to the Arch in St. Louis - still too chicken to go up in it though.



Downfalls of our Vacation:
1. One child cuts her eye, literally blood coming out of her eye, scary! Not to mention it was on an inner tube 4 hrs. from a car or cell phone.
2. Other child busts his lip big time on a cement table, and then grabs a hot curling iron burning his finger. I swear, I really am a good mom, no really, ask anyone!
3. Missing hubby for two weeks, he did finally fly down the last week, just in time too, my sanity was gone by then.


All in all, it was a great time getting reaquainted with the family and letting my kids just enjoy hanging out and being kids. Next year though, I hear Hawaii calling my name!

13 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

I hear Hawaii, too!! You sound like someone with a great attitude and an ability to go with the flow. If I'd had that trip, my entire post would have been One Big Whine about the cuts and burns. You think I jest?

Cuddle Cottage said...

Oh man, a hot air balloon festival! I've always wanted to go to one of those!

Momintransition said...

Wow! Talk about excitement!! I think you deserve Hawaii after this summer. =)

We are THAT Family said...

I love your vacation highlights! Great pictures.

And is really a vacation if someone doesn't get hurt? At least not around here!

JenLive! said...

What an awesome time. You rock as a mom. You're giving your kids great memories. Cuts and bruises are a part of it.

I snagged an award from Mama Zen (she said any of her readers could). I think you should have it, too. It definitely applies.

Lauren said...

What a fun summer!! Looks like a blast!

Thank you for the comment, and I can't wait to blog about the honeymoon...we're going some place tropical next year... Yeaa for the beach! :)

http://www.teamgiles.com

Jill said...

To this day I remember my mom burning my ear with a curling iron.

I've never liked them or used them in my adolescent or adult years... I wonder why!

Great photos.

Jean said...

I was going to do a rehash post of vacation too for the prizeapoolza but I don't have access to my pics. Love the balloon pics!
Hope you win a fab prize.

Jamie @ Purposeful Pursuit said...

Great vacation highlights. I love hot air balloon festivals...we love to watch the balloons go up early in the morning.

Elaine A. said...

Yeah, been there done that tubin' down the Gaudalupe. I thought I was drowing in like 6 inches of water. Sober people thought it was really funny.

Glad you had a great time in Texas (I live in the DFW area) and sounds like fun even if you did have some trying moments!

Angela said...

That does sound like a fun trip.
And kids just do things sometimes

Kim N said...

Am I crazy that reading this made me sad that I haven't done the 20ish hour road trip to my parents for two years? There is something about having the family all stuck in the car for so long without outside distractions (okay, we do take Nintendo DS's and take a dvd player)that makes me feel close to them all. We actually TALK! It is crazy.

Robin said...

You took a great picture of the Arch. Don't be scared, it is really neat up there.